Bbc : Biased Broadcasting Corporation

Just now, sibon said:

His point appears to be that smacking a stranger on the arse is no big deal. 

I don’t agree.

Hope that doesn't apply to international sports, even football players.  :)

I coached hockey in Canada. When I sent out my top line, I would smack the nearest  ass and say get out there. No parent accused me of sexual abuse!

Course, they were subject to being flattened in the corner, by a big defenseman. Physical contact sport. Hard to not to invade someone's space!

Edited by trastrick

24 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Checkov has a point.

When a society has to regulate and legislate each human physical interaction, it's a huge job.  Everybody has to be treated as a miscreant. After all. we are all equal under the law, right?

It's hard to know when a proffered outstretched hand douring an introduction, might be seen as an invasion of physical space, a super spreader, or a simple pat on the shoulder at a funeral, a hug at a wedding, Somebody, somewhere will always find offense, so the rules, have to be made for them.. Likwise photographing your kids ball team, is seen as dangerous and potentially paedo behaviour, so the rules have to be made for them.

The Government even have forms for potential casual sexual contacts in the pub.

Easiest thing to do is not touch anybody. No more dancing, especially the changing partners bit.

The guy who manufactures those plastic stick-on footprints hit the jackpot. Lets people know where to stand and where to walk.

A brave new progressive World, but you can have it!  :)

Man is a social animal!

Folks here laugh, when I tell them what goes on in your world.

They think you're all nutcases, and I'm inclined to agree!

I can remember reading that at some universities a consent form is required to be signed before sexual congress !

In fact you can download one :

https://eforms.com/consent/sexual/

Main Purpose
A properly signed sexual consent form represents legal consent by an individual for acts that may involve intercourse, oral sex, and other related activities
 [the mind positively boggles].

Knowing Sibon's attitude I'm betting he's in favour ?

Am I right ?

If he is, then just out of interest, at what point in the romantic evening should it be signed ?

Edited by Chekhov

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

I can remember reading that at some universities a consent form is required to be signed before sexual congress !

Am I right ?

If he is, then just out of interest, at what point in the romantic evening should it be signed ?

Why do you think that slapping a stranger’s arse is acceptable behaviour?

Just now, Chekhov said:

Am I right ?

I'm sure somebody somewhere, has written "guidelines" for the poor souls :)

12 minutes ago, sibon said:

Sexual assault isn’t subjective. 

It is a matter of law.

I would not recommend smacking strangers on the arse but classifying it as sexual assault, then sending them to prison for a month and putting them on the sex offenders register is madness.

If you think all that punishment is proportionate for smacking someone's arse, what punishment would you think proportionate for breaking someone's nose ?

8 minutes ago, sibon said:

Why do you think that slapping a stranger’s arse is acceptable behaviour?

I answered this above, but you have not answered this :

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Main Purpose
A properly signed sexual consent form represents legal consent by an individual for acts that may involve intercourse, oral sex, and other related activities

Am I right ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 hours ago, Tyke02 said:

I stated that I was talking about sexual assaults. That doesn't mean the others don't count, but that doesn't mean that sexual assaults are meaningless, or indeed equivalent. 

I wasn't talking about victimisation, I was quoting a government statistical publication. If you want to know what the ONS means by victimisation I believe there is a glossary and further information in the link provided.

Given that the report you quoted and the one I quoted are from the same source, how do you justify accepting one on face value and seeking to rubbish the other?

Maybe we are suffering form a breakdown in communication, so let's clarify it ?

I think breaking someone's nose is much more serious than smacking someone on the arse, do you agree, or not ?

Edited by Chekhov

Guest sibon
10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Am I right ?

It seems a little over the top to me, but if it makes some people more comfortable, I can’t see the harm in it.

Some people are a bit wary. For good reason too. There are men out there who don’t understand what constitutes sexual assault.

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

It seems a little over the top to me, but if it makes some people more comfortable, I can’t see the harm in it.

Some people are a bit wary. For good reason too. There are men out there who don’t understand what constitutes sexual assault.

And women 

Guest sibon
17 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Main Purpose
A properly signed sexual consent form represents legal consent by an individual for acts that may involve intercourse, oral sex, and other related activities

Am I right ?

Out of interest, which University uses this form?

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

And women 

Indeed

Just now, sibon said:

His point appears to be that smacking a stranger on the arse is no big deal. 

I don’t agree.

You are correct!

It IS a big deal, these enlightened days, like photographing your kid's cup winnng team.

"Cant't be too carefull!" Can we?

Stay safe!

How do you feel about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKd_68DnFlQ

Edited by trastrick
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I think breaking someone's nose is much more serious than smacking someone on the arse, do you agree, or not ?

You seem to be characterising all sexual offences as a smack on the arse when they include other things up to and including rape. This makes your binary question not worthy of a response.