Bbc : Biased Broadcasting Corporation

On 18/07/2022 at 14:11, Annie Bynnol said:

If the over 65's constitute about 23% of the UK population, I would have no problem with them constituting 23% of the characters in "Love Island".  

If the under 16's constitute about 20% of the UK population, I would have no problem with them constituting 20% of newscasters.  

Setting rules to control what we watch is suppression. 

What is it like being a Suppressionist? 

This is a thread accusing the BBC of being biased, and pushing an agenda, in this case its PC let's promote being gay, which it is provably doing if more than about 3% are gay because that is not a statistically normal representation of everyday life.

As an aside, if they went the other way and had less than 3% gay, I am 100% sure there would be an outcry from the PC brigade "where are all the gay characters".

Love island makes no pretence to be real life in any way whatsoever.

Personally I'd find it more interesting if they did have some over 65s, though still not interesting enough to actually watch mind you.....

Edited by Chekhov

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

This is a thread accusing the BBC of being biased, and pushing an agenda, in this case its PC let's promote being gay, which it is provably doing if more than about 3% are gay because that is not a statistically normal representation of everyday life.

Gay people exist, that they are represented does not in any way "promote" being gay! :loopy:

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

As an aside, if they went the other way and had less than 3% gay, I am 100% sure there would be an outcry from the PC brigade "where are all the gay characters".

Yeah, but back in the real world it turns out there are many, of course... no complaints...

...feel free to send in your "non-gay" script!

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

I assume one of the programmes you said you recorded was "This is going to hurt". Having checked on IMDB there are 127 actors credited as appearing in the series. I can remember two of the characters being portrayed as gay. That's not too far from a representative 3% is it?

Guest sibon
2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

This is a thread accusing the BBC of being biased, and pushing an agenda, in this case its PC let's promote being gay, 

No.

This is a thread in which you are accusing the BBC of being biased. Others are joining in on both sides of the debate, but as usual, you don’t debate, you just pontificate.

It is also a thread that you are using to make explicit  your homophobia. That’s not a great look.

4 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Love island makes no pretence to be real life in any way whatsoever.

Personally I'd find it more interesting if they did have some over 65s, though still not interesting enough to actually watch mind you.....

It is not up to you make rules about BBC output.

You cannot supress the media with masses of rules in order to make it unbiased in your opinion and unique interpretation.

And I agree that minorities like yours should be represented, after all you pay for your TV license.

4 hours ago, Tyke02 said:

I assume one of the programmes you said you recorded was "This is going to hurt". Having checked on IMDB there are 127 actors credited as appearing in the series. I can remember two of the characters being portrayed as gay. That's not too far from a representative 3% is it?

Sick people and wooden actors are vastly overrepresented in "Holby City" compared to "Scrubs".

15 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Are there more gay people in entertainment?

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

It’s the same when they go to schools to do stories, black children are always sought out despite them being a minority at the school.

are they actually? or are you just saying they are?