Bbc : Biased Broadcasting Corporation

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Read elsewhere but it is spot on for this thread :

This morning I awoke to the Today Programme giving in depth coverage to the anti-lockdown / zero Covid protests in China.

Well if only the BBC had given the same amount of coverage to the demonstrations in London, elsewhere in Britain and in other European countries.

Really made me quite angry. That was the kind of coverage we needed on UK protests in 2020/21.

Instead they either completely ignored the thousands marching or they mis represented them

This BBC coverage really needs debating in a public forum.

A post I made in another thread discussed this very same dichotomy. Maybe this is a more appropriate place for it!

"I'm just fascinated by the various attitudes to "protest movements" that prevail in today's World.

Some public protests against "draconian" diktats by governments are lauded by, say, the Human Rights Watch industry, but draconian diktats can be excused in the West as necessary for the good of the people!

Hard to tell 'em apart!  :)"

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Read elsewhere but it is spot on for this thread :

This morning I awoke to the Today Programme giving in depth coverage to the anti-lockdown / zero Covid protests in China.

Well if only the BBC had given the same amount of coverage to the demonstrations in London, elsewhere in Britain and in other European countries.

They did.

I can recall numerous occasions where the BBC reported on many protests, both here and abroad.

Here's one, for example:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59363256

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

This BBC coverage really needs debating in a public forum.

Ideally without folk making stuff up!

Edited by Magilla

6 minutes ago, Magilla said:

They did.

I can recall numerous occasions where the BBC reported on many protests, both here and abroad.

Here's one, for example:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59363256

Ideally without folk making stuff up!

That was Nov 2021 when even the Beeb must have though this is all getting a bit ridiculous. But, more to the point, I went to numerous anti lockdown rallies and could not find them reported on the BBC, even on the local BBC. I remember seeing a video of a huge one in London and that wasn't mentioned anywhere on the Beeb, I know because I spent a while trying to find it. And when they did report any it was biased cobblers, going on about anti vaxxers and covid conspiracy theorists.

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

That was Nov 2021 when even the Beeb must have though this is all getting a bit ridiculous.

Maybe, but that's just one report of many.

But, more to the point, I went to numerous anti lockdown rallies and could not find them reported on the BBC, even on the local BBC.

Am sure there are many smaller protests, on any number of issues, that the BBC doesn't report too... probably even ones in China!

Clearly, your claim that the BBC didn't cover other protests is not based in truth.

I remember seeing a video of a huge one in London and that wasn't mentioned anywhere on the Beeb, I know because I spent a while trying to find it.

A "huge" protest that can be corroborated by a report from another source?

And when they did report any it was biased cobblers, going on about anti vaxxers and covid conspiracy theorists.

Pretty unlucky of me to just happen to land on one that does neither of those then :suspect: :roll:

3 hours ago, Magilla said:

Pretty unlucky of me to just happen to land on one that does neither of those then :suspect: :roll:

I said the BBC reports centred on negative stuff about the protests, I know for a fact they did right through most of the pandemic because I lost my respect for the Beeb right there.  I remember getting quite depressed about them (and much of the other MSM) basically trying to imply that anyone who was against the unprecedented and draconian restrictions on people's lives were a tiny irresponsible minority.

It is difficult to find older BBC reports now as newer ones come up in the search results, as you found, but this is typical :

Covid: London anti-lockdown protest leads to 104 arrests

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-54827535

So, they aren't majoring on the fact many many people are so ****ing angry they have taken to the streets to protest, in fact I couldn't even find them quoting any numbers, they instead majored on the fact that 100 had been arrested (and if 100 had been arrested it is reasonable to assume there must have been many multiples of 100 there) and :

Commander Jane Connors said: "Our main priority this evening has been to keep Londoners safe.

"We are eight months into this national pandemic and frankly there can be no excuse for people to dangerously breach regulations which are there to prevent further spread of Coronavirus.

Frankly Ms Connors, we are supposed to live in a free country so **** off, and, if the pandemic has been going for 8 months, it's about time we got back to normal ASAP

In fact the whole effin' report is how they shouldn't have been there and almost nothing about the legitimate reasons they have for protesting.

I could not disagree with that soddin' woman more, I thought they were bloody heroes.

3 hours ago, Magilla said:

Clearly, your claim that the BBC didn't cover other protests is not based in truth.

It is not "clearly not based on the truth", did you read a word I wrote ?

>>That was Nov 2021 when even the Beeb must have though this is all getting a bit ridiculous. But, more to the point, I went to numerous anti lockdown rallies and could not find them reported on the BBC, even on the local BBC. I remember seeing a video of a huge one in London and that wasn't mentioned anywhere on the Beeb, I know because I spent a while trying to find it. And when they did report any it was biased cobblers, going on about anti vaxxers and covid conspiracy theorists.<<

Edited by Chekhov

Whilst looking I also found this :

Covid: Protect schools from anti-vax protests - Starmer

Councils should be able to stop anti-vaccination protesters from demonstrating outside schools by using exclusion orders, Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has said.

Sir Keir said it was "sickening" that protesters were spreading "dangerous misinformation" to children.

He urged the government to "urgently" update the law so exclusion zones can be rapidly set up around school gates.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59032991

Now, bearing in mind the Covid vaccinations do not stop transmission, and kids have never been at sufficient risk from Covid to need vaccinating, why is it so dangerous to demonstrate anywhere to that effect ? Much less in a supposedly free country ?

And notice Starmer with his patronising enthusiasm for telling us all what to do (just like when he wanted to keep masks and some other restrictions on our lives back in July 2021).

Edited by Chekhov

Would have thought breech of the peace should have seen off the anti vax zealots

.BBC report below

Anti-Covid vaccine protesters left school pupils in distress after showing them pictures of what appeared to be dead children, a head teacher has said.

Campaigners formed a picket outside Saint Thomas More Catholic School in Blaydon, Gateshead, on Monday where pupils were due to get their jabs.

Principal Jonathan Parkinson said the demonstrators had been falsely claiming the images had been caused by vaccines.

4 minutes ago, butlers said:

Would have thought breech of the peace should have seen off the anti vax zealots

.BBC report below

Anti-Covid vaccine protesters left school pupils in distress after showing them pictures of what appeared to be dead children, a head teacher has said.

Campaigners formed a picket outside Saint Thomas More Catholic School in Blaydon, Gateshead, on Monday where pupils were due to get their jabs.

Principal Jonathan Parkinson said the demonstrators had been falsely claiming the images had been caused by vaccines.

No no no the BBC didnt report on stuff like this!!