Bbc : Biased Broadcasting Corporation

50 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

It is difficult to find older BBC reports now as newer ones come up in the search results, as you found, but this is typical

There is a feature on google to do a specific date range search.  I found 17 BBC news reports relating to london covid protests in the period 1 Mar 20 to 31 Jul 21, so about one a month.  

Edited by Tyke02

26 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Whilst looking I also found this :

Covid: Protect schools from anti-vax protests - Starmer

Councils should be able to stop anti-vaccination protesters from demonstrating outside schools by using exclusion orders, Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has said.

Sir Keir said it was "sickening" that protesters were spreading "dangerous misinformation" to children.

He urged the government to "urgently" update the law so exclusion zones can be rapidly set up around school gates.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59032991

Now, bearing in mind the Covid vaccinations do not stop transmission, and kids have never been at sufficient risk form Covid to need vaccinating, why is it so dangerous to demonstrate anywhere to that effect ? Much less in a supposedly free country ?

And notice Starmer with his patronising enthusiasm for telling us all what to do (just like when he wanted to keep masks and some other restrictions on our lives back in July 2021).

Why would anyone want to demonstrate outside a school? Teachers are forbidden from making political statements inside schools. Why on Earth would we want to allow a bunch of nutters to push a political agenda outside one?

Not to mention the fact that plenty of the protesters have been operating, uninvited, inside schools.

2 hours ago, butlers said:

Would have thought breech of the peace should have seen off the anti vax zealots

.BBC report below

Anti-Covid vaccine protesters left school pupils in distress after showing them pictures of what appeared to be dead children, a head teacher has said.

Campaigners formed a picket outside Saint Thomas More Catholic School in Blaydon, Gateshead, on Monday where pupils were due to get their jabs.

Principal Jonathan Parkinson said the demonstrators had been falsely claiming the images had been caused by vaccines.

Loads of people claim loads of things, including on here, it's  free country (well it was up to March 2020 and - to a lesser extent - from about Feb 2022), but they don't have the state bullying them into what they can and cannot claim, and where they can do it.

Can we just remind ourselves how bad it was. The state was trying to force people to be vaccinated against Covid. They wanted to introduce vaccine passports and also tried many other means to achieve the same end, like sacking thousands of care workers and NHS staff. Funny how the NHS is grinding to a halt now isn't it ?

2 hours ago, Tyke02 said:

There is a feature on google to do a specific date range search.  I found 17 BBC news reports relating to london covid protests in the period 1 Mar 20 to 31 Jul 21, so about one a month.  

I'd be interested to know how you get the date range, and also very interested to read those, can you put the search link on here ?

2 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Why would anyone want to demonstrate outside a school? Teachers are forbidden from making political statements inside schools. Why on Earth would we want to allow a bunch of nutters to push a political agenda outside one?

Not to mention the fact that plenty of the protesters have been operating, uninvited, inside schools.

"a bunch of nutters to push a political agenda outside one?"

Thanks for clarifying your unbiased position.

>>Why would anyone want to demonstrate outside a school?<<

I got the jab twice, so nobody can accuse me of being an "anti-vaxxer", but if people want to campaign for people not being vaxxed that is up to them in a free country (remember what that is ? ).

But where to do it ?

Well anyone who knows anything about Covid knows kids are at no significant risk from it (other than SF moderators in April 2020), so who is the best constituency to peacefully campaign to about not being vaccinated ?

Err, kids.

Where can we find kids ?

Coming in and out of schools

>>Teachers are forbidden from making political statements inside schools.<<

And rightfully so, that is a completely different situation, as its, err, inside a school from adults that the kids feel they should take notice of. Though I am unconvinced whether that is 100% adhered to. My lad is already coming out with contentious social statements as if they are facts.

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I got the jab twice, so nobody can accuse me of being an "anti-vaxxer", but if people want to campaign for people not being vaxxed that is up to them in a free country (remember what that is ? ).

But where to do it ?

Well anyone who knows anything about Covid knows kids are at no significant risk from it (other than SF moderators in April 2020), so who is the best constituency to peacefully campaign to about not being vaccinated ?

Err, kids.

Where can we find kids ?

And rightfully so, that is a completely different situation, as its, err, inside a school from adults that the kids feel they should take notice of. Though I am unconvinced whether that is 100% adhered to. My lad is already coming out with contentious social statements as if they are facts.

That’s a lot of unconnected thoughts.

Let me simplify things for you. It seems that you like things to be simple. 

The right to free speech doesn’t extend to the right to intimidate minors. So, protesting outside schools is wrong.

The nutters should go and protest elsewhere. Maybe on a mainline train, whilst sticking their heads out of the window.

Edited by Prettytom
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

But where to do it ?

Err, kids.

Where can we find kids ?

That is just so wrong.

Vaccination for adults was and is optional.

Choice of vaccination for minors is the responsibility of parents and guardians.

I cannot believe that any right minded person would accept anyone pushing their views whether pro or anti at the school gates.

I can’t imagine where your lad gets that from.(I do have a 😀 on my face as I type).

The teenage years should be fun.

Edited by RJRB

20 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

That’s a lot of unconnected thoughts.

Let me simplify things for you. It seems that you like things to be simple. 

The right to free speech doesn’t extend to the right to intimidate minors. So, protesting outside schools is wrong.

The nutters should go and protest elsewhere. Maybe on a mainline train, whilst sticking their heads out of the window.

What exactly were they doing for you to use the term "intimidate" ?

If you want to talk about nutters I would say vaccinating kids against a virus which is of almost zero danger to them (and which doesn't even stop transmission anyway) would appear to fit that bill admirably.