Bbc : Biased Broadcasting Corporation

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

So when a full transcript of an interview is posted on social media it can be dismissed because it's not on TV, utter rubbish.

So when learned scientists/ medical officers report on covid it can be dismissed because it was reported by the BBC, utter rubbish 

Edited by Delayed

20 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Snipped

For the avoidance of doubt, I watch the BBC news with the same level of doubt that I also apply to GB news. Al Jazeera and all of the others. Be in no doubt though, the truth is in there somewhere.

Snipped

I can go along with this. 

What's the level of doubt though? Do you believe the narrative and watch the BBC to reinforce what you believe or like me just watch the BBC news when you need a good giggle?

Also, Do you buy a TV license?

7 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Not reporting something (important) is also a form of bias. Or lying by omission.

It is indeed, where there is reliable evidence to support any reporting that's produced.  Otherwise those doing the reporting will soon have Ofcom on their back and suffer the indignity of retracting the story.

13 minutes ago, Tyke02 said:

You are missing that less than 40% of the most vulnerable age groups have had a vaccine, and the CCP have declined offers of the more effective vaccines.  

So now it's a link to a TV article, not a clip or a transcript.   Do make your mind up.

Apart from trivia, I trust very few sources without verifying where their information comes from, and the logic of what they are claiming based on it.  

But feel free to carry on making up things that people didn't say if you can't come up with any better arguments.

There's a whole manner of things posted on social media, stop pretending to be naive, you know exactly what I mean, it just suits your purpose not to.

• Like 1

Just now, The_DADDY said:

What's the level of doubt though? Do you believe the narrative and watch the BBC to reinforce what you believe or like me just watch the BBC news when you need a good giggle?

I generally assume that there's going to be at least a grain of truth in what comes from any source, that's part of the misinformation playbook to make what's being said plausible.  

Personally I spend more time examining things that might be evidence against the picture I've got of what's going on. I'm more interested in testing that picture against evidence that means it would need to change.  

Yes I buy a licence, primarily for the drama, comedy sport and science coverage. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

That’s a lot of questions.

In order:

High

No

No

Yes, because I am law abiding.

Maybe you would like to answer my question now.

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

Where do you get this from, who's said anything like that, who??? 🤣

You have said on numerous threads that MSM can't be trusted and you describe the BBC as MSM. You've dismissed everything from Chris Whitty so I'm using your logic.

Whitty and Van Tam gave briefings which were broadcast by the BBC. By your logic we can dismiss them both because the BBC reported it

• Like 1