Bbc : Biased Broadcasting Corporation

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

It happened loads during Covid, They let "experts" (and non experts come) to that, spout unproven cobblers and never picked them up on it.

Classic example :

I can remember hearing an interview on R4's Today (my old car only got FM so I had to listen to the Beeb when in there...)

Eh?

Classic FM, Sheffield Live, Greatest Hits Radio, Hallam FM, Capital and Heart are all avaliable on FM in Sheffield. You might even get Pulse 1 and Viking if you are lucky.

Stop talking rubbish 🤣

8 hours ago, El Cid said:

So you were watching TV and paying the licence fee, when you could do it for free?

Things will change in the future, but getting TV via the aerial is all too easy.

The BBC attempts to be neutral. Just watch local TV, Talk TV and is got more Conservative political pundits than any other.

Nadine Doris was interviewing Boris Johnson yesterday, Johnson picked a friendly face to ask him questions. That would not happen on the BBC. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it were illegal for two MPs to make a TV program.

Wouldn't they normally call that a 'party political broadcast'?

The BBC are no different from those other government subsidized organs, CBC and PBS.

They all have a leftist bias.

Can you figure out why?

Edited by trastrick

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Eh?

Classic FM, Sheffield Live, Greatest Hits Radio, Hallam FM, Capital and Heart are all avaliable on FM in Sheffield. You might even get Pulse 1 and Viking if you are lucky.

Stop talking rubbish 🤣

This is an irrelevant post, from a world class troll.

As it happens I was talking about "talk channels", but I actually suspect the radio in my old Focus was faulty anyway as MW didn't work much at all*. Not that it matters, mentioning why I was listening to R4 was not the main point by a million miles, as I'm sure you know.

*  Though R5 live was actually even more biased about Covid than R4. I can remember listening to some pathetic woman who phoned in to Five Live and was going on and on about a passenger on her bus refused to wear a mask and how she was "really upset and frightened" about it, and how "the bus driver was such a hero" for stopping the bus and refusing to drive any where (which the equally pathetic Nicky Campbell agreed about). I just had to turn it off, it was annoying me so much that R5 were actually giving that feeble creature any publicity at all. But they were doing so because they were biased, they were all for supporting the Covid suppression and anyone who didn't agree was the beneath contempt, despite the fact masks made no significant difference anyway. and many (most)  people hated wearing them. I rarely ever listen to R5 after that.

Edited by Chekhov

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

As it happens I was talking about "talk channels", but I actually suspect the radio in my old Focus was faulty anyway. Not that oity matters, mentioning why O was listening to R4 was not the main point by a million miles, as I'm sure you know.

No, I didnt know, as you didnt specify. I am not a mind reader.

RTE Radio is available on LW 252 if you are desperate for a talk station, or Talksport on MW 1089. Your ancient car will have one of those bands.

Edited by HeHasRisen

11 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

As it happens I was talking about "talk channels", but I actually suspect the radio in my old Focus was faulty anyway as MW didn't work much at all*. Not that it matters, mentioning why I was listening to R4 was not the main point by a million miles, as I'm sure you know.

*  Though R5 live was actually even more biased about Covid than R4. I can remember listening to some pathetic woman who phoned in and was going on and on about a passenger on her bus refusing to wear a mask and how she was "really upset and frightened" about it, and how "the bus driver was such a hero" for stopping the bus and refusing to drive any where (which the equally pathetic Nicky Campbell agreed about). I just had to turn it off, it was annoying me so much that R5 were actually giving that feeble creature any publicity at all. But they were doing so because they were biased, they were all for supporting the Covid suppression and anyone who didn't agree was the beneath contempt, despite the fact masks made no significant difference anyway. and many (most)  people hated wearing them. I rarely ever listen to R5 after that.

“Feeble creature.”

Lovely, considerate “man”

5 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

“Feeble creature.”

Lovely, considerate “man”

She Effin' annoyed me, I thought, and still think, she was pathetic.

But you are missing the point anyway, people like her trying to force us all to radically change our lives when my of us don't want to are just as selfish. More so in my eyes.

If she really was that petrified of Covid she should have stayed at home behind her sofa, and certainly never go in any car on the roads, though I'll  bet she does. So she was misinformed as well as pathetic.

Edited by Chekhov

41 minutes ago, trastrick said:

The BBC are no different from those other government subsidized organs, CBC and PBS.

They all have a leftist bias.

Can you figure out why?

The BBC is not a "...government subsidized organ..." as it is funded by a TV Licence which itself issues the  TV Licences and collect the licence fees, advertising, sales and services it provides. The fee is set by Government and the Charter is a matter for Parliament. The current Chair of the Board is an appointee of Boris Johnson and the fact that dozens of independent  companies provide the programming on dozens of channels makes a mockery of some form of collective bias.

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

She Effin' annoyed me, I thought, and still think, she was pathetic.

But you are missing the point anyway, people like her trying to force us all to radically change our lives when my of us don't want to are just as selfish. More so in my eyes.

If she really was that petrified of Covid she should have stayed at home behind her sofa, and certainly never go in any car on the roads, though I'll  bet she does. So she was misinformed as well as pathetic.

You are fond of telling people that they are missing the point.

In this case, I’m definitely seeing the point. The point that I’m seeing is that you are a self centred and disrespectful person.

Your choice of language says it all.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Prettytom said:

You are fond of telling people that they are missing the point.

In this case, I’m definitely seeing the point. The point that I’m seeing is that you are a self centred and disrespectful person.
Your choice of language says it all.

Translation : I disagree with you so I will insult you, that is typical of the virtue signalling  PC brigade.

FACT = She, and people like her, with their poor grasp of risk probability and their excessive risk aversion, made my life a misery for about two years, thus, quite legitimately, I have no respect for them. Why should I have as they had no empathy for my feelings so why should I for there's ? And I have even less for the BBC giving them publicity and therefore encouraging others to suffer from the same kind of fears. But that's the whole point, that's what they were trying to do.

Edited by Chekhov