Bbc : Biased Broadcasting Corporation

36 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

The Beeb were referring to the Frank Hester "racist comments" furore (whilst introducing an article on "racism in business"), but what was unforgiveable - but typical for the Beeb - was they just read out the most contentious bits of Hester's alleged comments.

This is what he said :

"It's like trying not to be racist but you see Diane Abbott on the TV, and you're just like… you just want to hate all black women because she's there.

"And I don't hate all black women at all, but I think she should be shot."

And this is the bit the Beeb quoted.

How biased is that ?

There's bias on here too. I see the thread regarding MSM and the mis-reporting of the teen attacking people, including the police officer who ended up shooting him has disappeared. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Like all news stations, they have a bias, even though the BBC is supposed to have impairtiality. 

Any one who thinks the BBC is more right than left needs to give their heads a shake, but it's the best of a bad bunch I guess.

Unfortunately they are turning too PC ( woke) for my liking.  I love my sport, especially football and just like sky sports, they have made their football shows barely watchable. For example, Football focus on a Saturday afternoon was so popular but now is losing viewers by the thousands due to it's insistence on shoehorning women's football into the show and having presenters due to their gender and race rather than their quality.  It's quite funny to be fair.

Anyone doubting these remarks then just look at the BBC football fixtures page.

The other week they had women's international friendly matches before the men's domestic games!!  Why would they do that?  Which game has more interest in the UK...

Angola v Uruguay women.

Portsmouth v Bolton.

I rest my case.

As much as I loathe to back the BBC, You're angry that they showed a women's football match?

Sounds more like a sexist bias on your part

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

The Beeb were referring to the Frank Hester "racist comments" furore (whilst introducing an article on "racism in business"), but what was unforgiveable - but typical for the Beeb - was they just read out the most contentious bits of Hester's alleged comments.

This is what he said :

"It's like trying not to be racist but you see Diane Abbott on the TV, and you're just like… you just want to hate all black women because she's there.

How biased is that ?

I forgot to mention a crucial part of this (which I cannot now alter in the post because of this ludicrous "no editing" allowed rule......), these comments were not made in an interview or a speech or anything like that, it was in a private meeting.

Edited by Chekhov

18 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I forgot to mention a crucial part of this (which I cannot now alter in the post because of this ludicrous "no editing" allowed rule......), these comments were not made in an interview or a speech or anything like that, it was in a private meeting.

Does that make him any less racist?

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

This is what he said :

How biased is that ?

Only the red bits were quoted you mean?

Do you think quoting the other bits makes his comments sound less bad?!

Just now, SheffieldForum said:

I mean it does because it shows his issue is with Diane Abbott not black women in general. 

It's still crass but it removes a lot of the racism angle. 

9 minutes ago, Resident said:

I mean it does because it shows his issue is with Diane Abbott not black women in general. 

It's still crass but it removes a lot of the racism angle. 

My bold:  It does not.  It made specific reference to her being black.

We are all entitled to dislike whoever we choose but their colour should not not come into the equation.

Do you have an excuse for the   " I think she should be shot."  part too,  or do you think that's a perfectly normal thing to say ?

Edited by Organgrinder

The other thing about the Beeb's reporting of Hester's comments is (just like their reporting of Covid) that it is taken for granted that the establishment's view of the incident is taken for granted. Anyone disagreeing must be "deviant".....

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:
>>Chekhov said:

This is what he said :

"It's like trying not to be racist but you see Diane Abbott on the TV, and you're just like… you just want to hate all black women because she's there.

"And I don't hate all black women at all, but I think she should be shot."

How biased is that ?<<

Yes, and obviously (respectively).

If they also added in that it was in a private meeting it'd make them sound "less bad" still.

It was biased reporting full stop, it is obvious to anyone who isn't, err, biased.

Edited by Chekhov

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Yes, and obviously (respectively).

If they also added in that it was in a private meeting it'd make them sound "less bad" still.

It was biased reporting full stop, it is obvious to anyone who isn't, err, biased.

I have also answered a different aspect of "Sheffield Forum" post in the Hester's thread as it is more relevant in that.

I'd have added a link in the post above but cannot because you have stopped any editing....

Edited by Chekhov