Who Are The Winners In The Current Economic Situation?

4 hours ago, Kidorry said:

And if you think you could buy a semmi for 10k then, youshould read up before commenting.

I don't need to read up, because I know it as a fact, unlike you, who goes googling to try and prove me wrong, and fails miserably.

I said "You could get a semi detached house for 10k in the 1980s".

I didn't say that was the average national price.

Perhaps you might like to do some basic research before putting your foot in it.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/275788-how-much-did-your-first-house-cost/

Post 9 - "1982 3 bedroomed semi in Conisbrough £8500."

£6,000 in 1978 - 3-bedroom terraced
£9,750 in 1979. 3 bed terrace
9k for my 1st one,late 70s,in foxhill,
Hillsborough £7500 in 1979.
£6,000 for my first house in 1980
1986, a three bed terrace in Pitsmoor for £12,000.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then 15% of £8500 = £1275 in interest pa, plus 8500 of capital to pay back, savings rates circa 13%

or

Now 3% of 200,000 = £6000 in interest pa, plus 200k of capital to pay back, savings rates circa 0.25%

Not so lovely this low interest rate world.

Edited by fools

5 hours ago, fools said:

Do you know what an average is?

There are several different ways of calculating an average, and they all give different results. 

Along with the result you need to know the method used.

Edited by Anna B

5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

There are several different ways of calculating an average, and they all give different results. 

Along with the figure you need to know the method used.

That's as maybe, doesn't really address the point, which was that I never said the average was 10k

Average wasn't mentioned until Old Kidorry came in bungling with his national house price average data trolling.

Edited by fools

6 hours ago, Kidorry said:

Oh so when people answer you they are trolling. What is it when you answer? Are the prices you quote for the reduced prices for council house after the right to buy scheme?

As someone who insults and ignores people trying to help you fix your pc, you are in no position to moan about being called a troll.

Give it up, you've been proved wrong, my statement was correct, the end.

48 minutes ago, fools said:

As someone who insults and ignores people trying to help you fix your pc, you are in no position to moan about being called a troll.

Give it up, you've been proved wrong, my statement was correct, the end.

I have always took notice of people helping me on other threads. So I have got to give it up because you say so. I do not think so. Why did you ignore my question to you?

Edited by Kidorry

22 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

I have always took notice of people helping me on other threads. So I have got to give it up because you say so. I do not think so. Why did you ignore my question to you?

Your memory is failing you

None of your questions have any relevance to the point I was making.

Give it up wasn't an instruction, it was advice, to prevent you digging a bigger hole

A cursory glance at the dates and prices mentioned should answer your question. Do you think I know them personally..?!

Edited by fools