Would A Million Pound Gor Far?

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Also if you're at the older end of the scale with, as you say, all your ducks in a row, you've also got works' & State pensions to further bolster the money. 

If I won a million tomorrow, I reckon it would see me through to around 127 years of age. 

103 million on tonight's Euro. that'd last me till I was at least - excuse me, just got to go and find my calculator 🤣.

14 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Also if you're at the older end of the scale with, as you say, all your ducks in a row, you've also got works' & State pensions to further bolster the money. 

If I won a million tomorrow, I reckon it would see me through to around 127 years of age. 

Hope not!

I couldn't bear all them Jokes. :hihi:

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

now  103 million that would last at least 50 years if you are carefull ,with todays inflation

They'd find me dead in a hotel room in Vegas within 6 months

With a Huge smile on my face 

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Haha 1

On 17/04/2022 at 21:13, Jack Grey said:

Buy a million pounds worth of buy yo rent and then borrow another million on your assets and then rent those out too 

On 18/04/2022 at 08:59, Rockers rule said:

Sounds good to me.

Keep the one next to the beach to live in - jobs a good un 👍.

Might be a few Yankee cars & Motorcycles added to the collection :blush: .

Keep safe 8)

This is exactly why young 'uns of today struggle to find a house. 2nd homes should be banned. A 'Portfolio' should absolutely be banned. My neighbour has over a hundred houses and buys two more every year.

Exorbitant rents, housing shortage and no hope for many.

It's wrong and it stinks.

IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, Hotmale 1954 said:

This is exactly why young 'uns of today struggle to find a house. 2nd homes should be banned. A 'Portfolio' should absolutely be banned. My neighbour has over a hundred houses and buys two more every year.

IMO.

So just who is going to provide the homes for theses 'young un's' to live in  - council house building - how's that going ?

Housing shortage ? where's the shortage if your neighbour houses are all  tenanted ?

Not wrong.

Some people don't want to buy (God knows why).

We  might have had more opportunities to get on the property ladder, does that make it wrong that we did?

I shan't go into bringing 1,000 of people into the country with not enough housing projects being built, or for years minimum wages were dire to the point even a couple both in work couldn't afford to buy. (i'll add zero hour contracts into the equation at this point). 

That's my little rant. We were lucky, no doubt about it, but we'd our heads screwed on right and back then if you were in employment there was a good chance you were in it for the full 40 years.

Ok min wages are up, but will the banks start lending again?

Keep safe 8) .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

IMO.

I don't blame entrepreneurs who work hard to make a good living

I blame our open borders  and the people who expect free council housing 

Edited by Jack Grey

Guest sibon
2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I don't blame entrepreneurs who work hard to make a good living

I blame our open borders  and the people who expect free council housing 

You should use your million pounds to help the poor.

You seem well suited to that.

8 hours ago, sibon said:

You should use your million pounds to help the poor.

You seem well suited to that.

We are fortunate to live in a country where anyone regardless of race, sex or sexual preference can succeed

Why should I give away my money I have worked  hard all my life for?