Fleetwood V Sheffield Wednesday Fc

bassett one

The first half was that bad that I couldn’t see a way back. A shocking display as Fleetwood are one up from a parks team. Palmer, Storey, keeper!  Crikey!
If we had lost that game, I would have left all the team, apart from Bannon at the seaside.

Guest sibon
3 hours ago, crookesey said:

If we make the play-offs then we deserve to, however if we play as we have been doing in them we will be very lucky to win promotion.

I'm still not convinced that we will make it. If any team can mess this up, it is Wednesday.

However, we've been playing pretty well, so I'd say we have a good chance if we get there.

Have a play with this form table. Sunderland and Wednesday have been pretty strong since Christmas.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB3?saison_id=2021&min=36&max=46

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

I'm still not convinced that we will make it. If any team can mess this up, it is Wednesday.

However, we've been playing pretty well, so I'd say we have a good chance if we get there.

Have a play with this form table. Sunderland and Wednesday have been pretty strong since Christmas.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB3?saison_id=2021&min=36&max=46

Stop flapping you're nailed on.

It's us or Wycombe isn't it?

Wycombe are capable of winning at Burton by two clear goals, giving them 83 points with a GD of 25.

We're currently on 82 points with a GD of 25.

If Hirst and his mob continue in the same vein as they have been doing, they're capable of scoring 2 at Hillsborough, especially if we defend to our usual standard.

That means that we have to be prepared to score at least 2.

We're far more capable of leaking 2 goals than scoring 2 goals, so it's definitely squeaky bum time.

So, my measured conclusion is ................................. I haven't a clue.

Do I have more faith in Burton, than our lot?  Probably.

Can we learn to defend set pieces better in such a short time?  Doubt it.

Do I fear a rampant Wycombe?    Yep.

Do I think we're heading for an enormous Iceberg?      OOOOOoooooooo knows.

With proper intent and a proper attitude, we should see this through.

Anything less, and it's time for the tin hat.

C'mon Wednesday!

C'mon Burton!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

It's us or Wycombe isn't it?

Wycombe are capable of winning at Burton by two clear goals, giving them 83 points with a GD of 25.

We're currently on 82 points with a GD of 25.

If Hirst and his mob continue in the same vein as they have been doing, they're capable of scoring 2 at Hillsborough, especially if we defend to our usual standard.

That means that we have to be prepared to score at least 2.

We're far more capable of leaking 2 goals than scoring 2 goals, so it's definitely squeaky bum time.

So, my measured conclusion is ................................. I haven't a clue.

Do I have more faith in Burton, than our lot?  Probably.

Can we learn to defend set pieces better in such a short time?  Doubt it.

Do I fear a rampant Wycombe?    Yep.

Do I think we're heading for an enormous Iceberg?      OOOOOoooooooo knows.

With proper intent and a proper attitude, we should see this through.

Anything less, and it's time for the tin hat.

C'mon Wednesday!

C'mon Burton!

That clears that up.

1 hour ago, sibon said:

I just can’t imagine another season in the pub league, but as you say, ‘ if any team can mess this up, it’s Wednesday’. Maybe I’ll wake up and realise that it’s all been a dream, I wish.