Bar Matrix Dress Code

Mattenmurg

I am nobody's mother, I just like people to look half decent when they go out, and no sportswear, are trainers not classed as sportswear??So thats bar matrix that won't accept trainers! Walkabout don't, Crystal dont, most nightclubs don't!

Perhaps you just like being told what you can and can't wear on a night out, personally I like to make my own mind up, and if places won't let me in wearing what I want to wear (and insist I look like a Top Man / Top Shop clone instead) then, frankly, thats not the kind of place I want to go to, and I don't.

I don't think anyone with even a basic grasp of modern fashion would consider most of todays trainers as "sportswear", you don't play football in £200 pair of trainers.

well most places on a weekend do smart casual which would maybe accept smart trainers but to be honest most people just look better when they wear proper shoes, trainers are a bit scruffy, and a lot of places dont accept trainers at all so you are safer just wearing shoes!

What exactly are "smart trainers?" Just curious:huh:

Do they have to be "in fashion?" (whatever that means!)

And, even if you have smart trainers on, isn't it down to the "mood of" Doorstaff at the end of the day? :suspect:

alright guys, im just going on what i have been told and the places me and my frineds have been turned away from for wearing trainers, i didnt realise this was a slagging match, all i did was post my opinion to try and help someone out and you've all just completely slagged me off, sorry that none of you know how to phrase your comments constructively....:cool:

you may not play football in a £200 pair of trainers but i thought you played football in astro shoes, or football boots, depending on what you are playing on, you may have a pair of running shoes that cost £200....

you may not play football in a £200 pair of trainers but i thought you played football in astro shoes, or football boots, depending on what you are playing on

My point exactly, fashion "trainers" are not "sports wear", if someone turned up at bar Matrix in a pair of football boots, then fair enough, but a pair of Prada sneakers is a different thing.

yeah i get that, all i meant to say was a couple of friends went out and got turned away from the places i mentioned one was wearing dunlop pumps and another was wearing some kind of velcrow trainers (not kiddie ones) kind of retroey type and they were both turned away for wearing trainers..i didnt mean like rockprt chav shoes i just meant like a decent pair of shoes!! I AM NOT A CHAV either as people may have thought that i was trying to make out that i was..i am definately not.

In conclusion to this thread why don't you phone up matrix and ask, that way no one gets slagged off for trying to help! (that wasn't aimed at all of the people who posted)

And nick2 i wear what I like on a night out, and I do not end up like a topshop clone or any other shop clone...I'm cool...ish :hihi:

Archived