Angela Rayner : 'Misogynist' Comments

Guest sibon
4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

They don't run a book on that because it's against the rules not to tell the truth.  If you fancy a Boris related bet then the choice of his tie colour is your best option. 

He's so honest that there is a website dedicated to his integrity.

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/

What a hypocrite, she should have had a mask on.

3 hours ago, alchresearch said:

This was what she wore when she stood in for Starmer:

FRVF1ckX0AE4xyu?format=jpg&name=large

What a hypocrite, she should have had a mask on.

Edited by Chekhov

Just now, Mister M said:

Oh dear

It was a joke...

The truth is she, with her faux outrage, is a soddin' hypocrite.

Don't get me wrong she (and all women) can wear what she wants, but don't then moan on if she gets male attention.

11 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Well I'm sure she knows all about making unpleasant, intimidating and derogatory remarks when she was mouthing off calling people scum.

Didn't seem to bother her too much when she was dishing it out on other people, now the media attacks her it's play the victim.

Corbyn syndrome all over again. Stir it up and manipulate the media whenever it suits but when the tables get turned it's all woe is me.

Just what exactly does she want. It was a newspaper article from a well-infamous publication for pot stirring, uncorroborated opinion and speculation.  Dozens of her fellow MPs from both sides of the house have condemned the article. Even the prime minister has criticised the article. The Speaker of the House is taking action calling out the editor of the newspaper. She herself can choose to take action against the newspaper.

For goodness sake.   Time to toughen up and move on.  It's nothing more than chip wrapper now.  The quicker she stops drawing attention to it the quicker the Twitterati will find something else to gossip about.

As others have said, she is certainly not the first or only female MP to get Media articles criticising her looks or mocking her behaviour. Nor are a vast amount of the male MPs immune from such similar barbs on a regular basis.  We have all seen the photographs, captions, memes and satire over Boris and his scarecrow haircut, those infamous jogging shorts, the jokes regarding his sleeping around and supposed illegitimate children piled up everywhere.  We have seen the Jacob rees-mogg Dracula comparisons and the barbs regarding his Victorian outfit styles.  We remember the Tony Blair sweat patches, John Prescott fat jokes....

Rightly or wrongly it is the price that you pay when you have any sort of high-profile public role. She's not special or unique in such circumstance.

Well of course you would immediately resort to a bit of 'what aboutery....' but the two don't compare. 

The attack on Angela Raynor was personal, sexist, and attacked her integrity. Her comment was a generalisation for which she apologised.

OK, It's a storm in a teacup and she is well able to take care of herself. But the bigger picture is the sheer sexism and misogyni which still exists (arguably more so in the Tory party) in politics.  (And indeed in all walks of life.)

In spite of 50 years of women's rights, attitudes don't change with some people, hence the mysogynistic tweets she's received, and for it to occur in the house of commons itself is pretty disgraceful in this day and age, and should be called out loud and clear when it happens.  

30 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

It was a joke...

The truth is she, with her faux outrage, is a soddin' hypocrite.

Don't get me wrong she (and all women) can wear what she wants, but don't then moan on if she gets male attention.

Of course you were joking when you said he was a hypocrite for not wearing a mask at the dispatch box. 

That was a lot funnier than the 'joke' you made earlier in the thread about the thought of the SNP leader Iain Blackford  wearing a kilt and the Tory MP Connor Burns getting some kind of cheap thrill from it.

You've given us all a laugh with your jokes. Though not in the way you intended.

😆

Edited by Mister M

3 hours ago, alchresearch said:

This was what she wore when she stood in for Starmer:

FRVF1ckX0AE4xyu?format=jpg&name=large

I have had people claim that is not a genuine picture, do we know for sure ?

15 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Of course you were joking when you said he was a hypocrite for not wearing a mask at the dispatch box. 

That was a lot funnier than the 'joke' you made earlier in the thread about the thought of the SNP leader Iain Blackford  wearing a kilt and the Tory MP Connor Burns getting some kind of cheap thrill from it.

You've given us all a laugh with your jokes. Though not in the way you intended.

😆

That's sexist, or homophobic (not sure which, and I don't really care ! ), surely ?

People are making jokes about a heterosexual man being distracted by a bit of women's leg, so why would the same not apply to a homosexual man getting distracted by a  bit of man's leg ?

Edited by Chekhov

19 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

If I can find out within minutes, surely you can?

It is genuine, but only represents a fraction of a second as she moves up to the despatch box.

17 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

That's sexist, or homophobic (not sure which, and I don't really care ! ), surely ?

People are making jokes about a heterosexual man being distracted by a bit of women's leg, so why would the same not apply to a homosexual man getting distracted by a  bit of man's leg ?

I don't think it's necessarily homophobic either.

I'm just chuckling to myself thinking about your contributions to Coronavirus thread, telling everyone else they're wrong; when it's self evident in your post above that you didn't understand the basic rules of mask wearing in the HoC.

But we all make mistakes.