Elon Musk Buys Twitter.

10 minutes ago, trastrick said:

You should email him.

I'm sure the multibillionaire would be interested in your analysis of his business affairs.

He already knows. That's why he just spent 6 months in court trying, and failing, to back out of buying Twitter.

17 minutes ago, altus said:

He already knows. That's why he just spent 6 months in court trying, and failing, to back out of buying Twitter.

Hmmm... :huh:

No-one REALLY knows what his real motivation was...

... but I think he's played a game with a lot of people to perfection!

When he announced he was interested, a lot of people got upset and said there was no way they'd let him buy it.

Then when he tried to get out of buying it, a lot of people got upset and said they'd make him stick to his agreement to buy it.

And when he said OK, I'll buy it then, a lot of people got upset again!

So he's got exactly what he wanted in the first place, he's upset a lot of people, and he's got far more publicity than he could probably have dreamed of.

I'd say that's a pretty good result...

... for someone who can obviously afford it and who seems to like to play mind games! :|

12 minutes ago, altus said:

His BIG mistake is not buying SF instead of Twitter.

Never have so many experts, in all fields of psychiatry, business and commerce, even mind readers and folks who can predict the future, gathered in one place, dispensing their wisdom, for free!

No need to waste his waste his time with electric Teslas,  reusable rockets to space and such, this one is a guaranteed money maker!  :)

Just now, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

No-one REALLY knows what his real motivation was...

... but I think he's played a game with a lot of people to perfection!

When he announced he was interested, a lot of people got upset and said there was no way they'd let him buy it.

Then when he tried to get out of buying it, a lot of people got upset and said they'd make him stick to his agreement to buy it.

And when he said OK, I'll buy it then, a lot of people got upset again!

So he's got exactly what he wanted in the first place, he's upset a lot of people, and he's got far more publicity than he could probably have dreamed of.

I'd say that's a pretty good result...

... for someone who can obviously afford it and who seems to like to play mind games! :|

Shhhhh! Don't let on!

They believe they know best what's right for everybody, even multibillionaires  :)

• 1 month later...

Well, this appears to be a slow motion car-crash, that's destroying his own credibility daily! :roll:

The entire "Twitter Files" episode falls flat... turns out the information is so curated no-one can fact check anything... and even the info that has been released has been shown to have been misrepresented.

Claims that the "MSM" has failed to adequately to cover the episode are a nonsense, legitimate newsrooms have high burden of editorial and legal review that requires information is fact-checked...

...which Musk refuses to allow. :suspect:

Instead, preferring cherry-picked "so-called" evidence that is basically screenshots of text with any context removed, that has no investigative rigor, at all... fed to hand picked journalists who don't check anything! :loopy:

Then the classic:

Twitter Suspends Account That Tracked Elon Musk's Jet Despite Free Speech Pledge:

https://time.com/6241340/twitter-suspends-account-tracking-musk-jet/

Which is, seemingly, fine when he's the one doing it:

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/12/tech/twitter-files-yoel-roth/index.html

...and now:

Twitter suspends accounts of several journalists who had reported on Elon Musk:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/dec/15/twitter-suspends-accounts-journalists-musk

...the justification for which.... didn't happen! :roll:

Oh dear! Looks like his poll was a disaster, quickly backtracked. :?

“Without commenting on any specific accounts, I can confirm that we will suspend any accounts that violate our privacy policies and put other users at risk.”

Essentially, Twitter isn't about free speech, never was... and those claims in the "Twitter Files" now look a bit daft!

Who knew?

:?

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

That rag The Guardian has a negative story everyday about either Musk or twitter so he must be doing something right.

For The Guardian... sure :thumbsup:

Regardless, The Guardian is just one outlet covering the ongoing Twitter credibility car-crash.

Edited by Magilla

• 5 months later...

If we're doing updates on Musk and Twitter: Twitter now worth just a third of what Musk paid for it.

Twitter's value continues to decline. Investment firm Fidelity reports that its stake in the bird site has lost value for the third time since Elon Musk took over last October. By Fidelity's account, the company is now worth just a third of the $44 billion Musk paid for it.