Elon Musk Buys Twitter.

6 hours ago, trastrick said:

Many twitter users were outraged wheen Musk decided to get involved with Twiiter.

The shares were trading around $34.

Today when Musk is in charge the price is $49 a share.

Good for the Twitter shareholders, but bad for the pols and celebs who used their influence to insult, demean, and even ban, those users who would not bow to their questionable lockstep political views. They can now tweet on the Hunter Biden Laptop revelations, which (despite all MSM reports that it is merely "Russian Disinformation") has gained credibility, and is now a big story in the news, after all.

In other news Facebook now "quietly" announces that folks wishing to weigh in on the  Communist China Wuhan Lab  origin, which (despite all MSM reports that it has been debunked) has never been proven, or disproven, after all.

Long live the free marketplace of ideas!

What do you mean "Today when Must is in charge" you realize he is not in charge?  

And why did you paint a picture as though the share holders purchased the day before Musk's comments?  What if you hold shares from Feb 2021 when it was $77? or many over periods in 2021 when it was higher than the current price?

1 hour ago, muddywolf said:

Did you put $132k by mistake?  You realize 132,000.00 times 329,000,000.00 (329 million population of america) is  43,428,000,000,000 (forty-three trillion four hundred twenty-eight billion) LOL.  Unless of course you meant $132.00 dollars each (notice no K), which is much more plausible but much less exciting prospect. 

That’ll teach me not to check. It was something I heard on the radio. Thanks for putting me right, lol. 

Guest makapaka

Wonder what a multi billionaire would want with a platform to access millions of people…….

maybe to post pictures of his cats or summat…..

13 hours ago, muddywolf said:

What do you mean "Today when Must is in charge" you realize he is not in charge?  

And why did you paint a picture as though the share holders purchased the day before Musk's comments?  What if you hold shares from Feb 2021 when it was $77? or many over periods in 2021 when it was higher than the current price?

I mean effective control. The reason why the woke, cancel culture crowd are "outraged" :)

Share prices respond to the future outlook and potential earnings of the stock. Musk has an enviable track record in innovation and success.

If I had bought shares in Feb, 2021 at $77 and before the Musk announcement they had been steadily dwinding down to $32, I would be happy to see the bounce up to todays price of $49, now that Musk is financially involved.

Dont't know about you!  :)

33 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I mean effective control. The reason why the woke, cancel culture crowd are "outraged" :)

Share prices respond to the future outlook and potential earnings of the stock. Musk has an enviable track record in innovation and success.

If I had bought shares in Feb, 2021 at $77 and before the Musk announcement they had been steadily dwinding down to $32, I would be happy to see the bounce up to todays price of $49, now that Musk is financially involved.

Dont't know about you!  :)

Tesla shares on the other hand aren't doing so well. Concern over Elon Musk’s Twitter takeover wipes $126bn off Tesla value and Elon Musk sells almost $4bn-worth of Tesla shares after Twitter deal.

From the latter article:

Tesla’s stock dropped more than 12% on Tuesday after the announcement of Musk’s takeover of Twitter

The carmaker’s share price has fallen by a fifth since Musk first disclosed he had taken a stake in Twitter earlier this month.

So since Musk first disclosed he was interested in Twitter, Tesla shares have dropped by $210bn - nearly five times as much as his bid values Twitter at.

1 hour ago, altus said:

Tesla shares on the other hand aren't doing so well. Concern over Elon Musk’s Twitter takeover wipes $126bn off Tesla value and Elon Musk sells almost $4bn-worth of Tesla shares after Twitter deal.

From the latter article:

So since Musk first disclosed he was interested in Twitter, Tesla shares have dropped by $210bn - nearly five times as much as his bid values Twitter at.

Lol

An investor who bought into Tesla when it went public, at $61 a share, now sees todays price of $877 is very happy indeed. And that's even after the 5 for 1 split in 2020, which would put today's value of those early shares at around $4,400. Not bad for 5 years?

(Flash! Stocks go up and down)

He won't in the Food Bank line up anytime soon! Neither will his investors. :)

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

Lol

An investor who bought into Tesla when it went public, at $61 a share, now sees todays price of $877 is very happy indeed. And that's even after the 5 for 1 split in 2020, which would put today's value of those early shares at around $4,400. Not bad for 5 years?

(Flash! Stocks go up and down)

He won't in the Food Bank line up anytime soon! Neither will his investors. :)

If you're going to sing praises to Musk for the effect his actions have had on the share price of Twitter, it's only fair you accept the effect those same actions have had on the share price of Tesla.

If you are going to argue long term effects then we'll have to wait to see how Twitter does in the future. It was arguably overpriced even before Musk offered so much over the then share price for it.

40 minutes ago, altus said:

If you're going to sing praises to Musk for the effect his actions have had on the share price of Twitter, it's only fair you accept the effect those same actions have had on the share price of Tesla.

If you are going to argue long term effects then we'll have to wait to see how Twitter does in the future. It was arguably overpriced even before Musk offered so much over the then share price for it.

Not singing praises for anybody, just reporting facts.

44 minutes ago, altus said:

I think you misunderstand.

I quoted his sterling record on lifting the Tesla Stock price, as a reason that the Twitter stock price has gone up since he became involved.

Investors look for that sort of thing!

• 5 months later...