May 2022 Elections

6 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I’ve noticed it generally is at weekends mel.

What’s going to win the big race at Ascot this afternoon?

Not a betting man mate but you could put a couple of shillings on Sheffield United to beat Fulham

38 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What would you like to know?

Ooh I don't know, maybe about the current election that was on Thursday, and maybe massive losses for the tories, nearing 500 seats?

And maybe the lib dems big gains,and the greens and labour's smaller gains

Edited by melthebell

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Ooh I don't know, maybe about the current election that was on Thursday, and maybe massive losses, nearing 500 seats?

And maybe the lib dems big gains,and the greens and labour's smaller gains

Not concerned about Labour at the moment. Even though Starmer is looking like the Cheshire Cat the results weren’t that fantastic for them . I think the Lib Dems were mostly protest votes ( me for one )

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Ooh I don't know, maybe about the current election that was on Thursday, and maybe massive losses for the tories, nearing 500 seats?

I'm not sure that losing seats is that bad but in real terms in England (not bothered about the rest) they were down 341 but lost 10 councils which is the important bit.

2010                                           2014                                           2018                                          2022 

Cons    Councils 66 Seats 3462   Councils 41 Seats 1364  Councils 46 Seats 1332  Councils 35 Seats 1041

Lab       Councils 37 Seats 2976   Councils 82 Seats 2121  Councils 74 Seats 2350  Councils 65 Seats 2213

As you can see since 2010 its changed a lot

Data from the BBC....

Edited by Dromedary
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Tories don't like to gloat about how badly the Labour party did after being out of government for 12 years.  The Labour party have no chance of winning the next general election.  

who mentioned the labour party? lib dems and greens seem to be doing ok out of the tories

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The Labour party are the only other party who could win a general election.  Saying the Lib Dems and the Greens are doing ok is a bit like saying Wolverhampton Wanderers are doing ok in the premiership. 

Wolverhampton Wanderers are doing ok in the PL. In eighth place at the moment.

13 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The Labour party are the only other party who could win a general election.  Saying the Lib Dems and the Greens are doing ok is a bit like saying Wolverhampton Wanderers are doing ok in the premiership. 

Stick your head in the sand and carry on focussing on the others NOT getting into power, thats not the point.

The point is the Tories are haemorrhaging seats, you dont do that when everythings going fine

3 minutes ago, West 77 said:

You don't get any trophies for finishing eighth.

Oh dear, you're deluded. I suggest you study the council election results during the Blair years and educate yourself about Labour haemorrhaging seats and then going on to win two further general elections.

You didn’t mention anything about trophies, you questioned whether they were doing ok. 

19 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Oh dear, you're deluded. I suggest you study the council election results during the Blair years and educate yourself about Labour haemorrhaging seats and then going on to win two further general elections.

So this is a gradual decline, like with Blair?

The next election could be close, but it will take a better leader to defeat the Tories?

I personally think Labour could win the next election, they just need to keep ahead. Polls are inaccurate, but Labour are way ahead at the moment.