Boris Becker Jailed For 2.5 Years.

12 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Same thing happened to Gazza. When they are at their peak and earning the most they don’t get advice. Their fans fuss over them and they soon spend it on daft things. Boris was renting a house in Wimbledon for £22,000 per month ! I would have liked to have been that landlord !

The full details of his court case are on the BBC's website but let's face it, if it was you or me who had tried to hide this much cash & been caught, we probably wouldn't have the arrogance of celebrity status to expect to  get away with it?  Becker probably thought, even entering the court yesterday that he'd be commentating on this year's Wimbledon. 

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

Boris Becker became  very wealthy at a very young age and had one expensive divorce and another women who has needed paying off.  I've got sympathy for the man.

Didn't get some woman pregnant or something?

I seem to remember a big deal being made of it for some reason..

5 hours ago, West 77 said:

Boris Becker became  very wealthy at a very young age and had one expensive divorce and another women who has needed paying off.  I've got sympathy for the man.

And at a later date  at a more mature age he decided to to commit fraud. 

The following from the Evening Standard.  "The three-time Wimbledon winner, 54, deliberately transferred money to family and associates when he ran aground financially in June 2017, successfully keeping £390,000 (€426,930) and the proceeds of a bank loan worth £1.1 million from his creditors." 

Also according the Daily Mirror, Becker has squandered £127 million regardless of wives, divorces & children.   No sympathy for him. 

Edited by Baron99

9 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Didn't get some woman pregnant or something?

I seem to remember a big deal being made of it for some reason..

I remember reading about Becker having sex with a woman in the broom cupboard in a restaurant. He had never met her before and as a result of that one night stand she became pregnant.

That brief dalliance cost him millions of pounds. 

Just now, hauxwell said:

I remember reading about Becker having sex with a woman in the broom cupboard in a restaurant. He had never met her before and as a result of that one night stand she became pregnant.

That brief dalliance cost him millions of pounds. 

He should have lived over the brush with her.😉

• Haha 1

If it was say me, I would most probably have got away with it, he is a good pull for the system, ‘just look what happened to Boris comes to mind’. I have led a fairly complicated financial  existence and have found the Inland Revenue to be very fair, I’ve actually received

refunds on payments that I’ve made that I was certain were legitimate. 

A late mate who was a £millionaire a few times over gave me a piece of advice that has stayed with me. He always looked at folk who liked to shout the amount of their wealth and how smart they were as fools, I’ll never forget him saying to me “keep your mouth shut lad, your business is just that, not everyone’s  in the pub”.

Becker is an arrogant idiot who thought he'd get away with it.  What a sad and sorry fall for such a talent (I remember watching that very first Wimbledon win).  But having him sit on his arse in prison for two plus years seems like a massive waste of an opportunity. 

Put him to work: two year, full time, hands-on tennis coaching in underfunded schools and youth groups. 

46 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Becker is an arrogant idiot who thought he'd get away with it.  What a sad and sorry fall for such a talent (I remember watching that very first Wimbledon win).  But having him sit on his arse in prison for two plus years seems like a massive waste of an opportunity. 

Put him to work: two year, full time, hands-on tennis coaching in underfunded schools and youth groups. 

Better idea, send him to a quarry with a sledge hammer. :hihi: