Chancellor Breaks Pledge On Energy Bills-Bbc News

18 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The councils have to manage the money, and a lot of legal obligations to fullfill, but the government grants them much of the money in the first place. And with the many cuts, in real terms that gets less and less each year. Not only that but the per capita funding for big infrastructure projects is far far lower in the North than in the south east.

So much for 'levelling up....

Again that's all good and well, in your race to rant against the government you fail to see the logistics.

IF the governments changed tact prove it with evidence.

As far as I'm aware the cash has been earmarked and going ahead, I've not heard different.

So it's down to councils to issue the cash as fast as they can, some councils are going to be slower than others, and in some cases it's down to individuals (like myself) to apply, as I pay mine online, not via direct debit so it's not automatically paid.

I really don't see the issue, it's coming but it's not magic, it needs processing and sending out, there's a lot to do.

Edited by melthebell

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Again that's all good and well, in your race to rant against the government you fail to see the logistics.

IF the governments changed tact prove it with evidence.

As far as I'm aware the cash has been earmarked and going ahead, I've not heard different.

So it's down to councils to issue the cash as fast as they can, some councils are going to be slower than others, and in some cases it's down to individuals (like myself) to apply, as I pay mine online, not via direct debit so it's not automatically paid.

I really don't see the issue, it's coming but it's not magic, it needs processing and sending out, there's a lot to do.

Your first sentence is all that needs to be said about any of Anna’s posts :thumbsup:

Well ive just applied for my £150 from my council, the thing that sticks in my mind is how many hoops you have to jump through to get £150

enter details at least twice

enter a property reference number (which i had to email them about as i was getting an error on submitting, turns out you need just the numbers not the 2 letters, SC in my case, but nowhere tells you this)

You have to enter some codes to make sure youre not automated (at least twice)

read anti fraud declarations.

etc etc

Yes i understand they dont want fraud, BUT when theyve written off billions cos of fraud in the furlough scheme (1000s at a time per company), yet a few old biddies etc claiming £150 a time is deemed should be harder to claim LOL, it does show how screwed the system is.

Edited by melthebell

• 1 month later...

going back to this, justhad a conversation with a neighbour which made me lol

Him when i opened the door.

Hes just finished paying off 10 grand to his ex wife so will be expecting a letter to confirm it.

Him talking about his ex house and him selling it and losing 80 grand to spite his ex wife.

I mentioned the government and some of them maybe having 12 houses.

Him bringing up the £600 energy bill help and it being per child and muslims having like 10 kids so would be getting £6000 LOL, not sure what hes been reading or where but i dont think it works like that. Hes talking boolocks

Edited by melthebell