Poor Poor Service !

This Rob Andrew sat in a marquee in a field waiting for the pre booked,  paid for taxi to arrive only to be told there was no taxi available even though the money had been taken. Now City cars have £27.50 of my money sat in their bank account instead of in mine. I also would like to see City taxis reply in print and see how they try and wriggle out of commiting a fraudulent act. If I did run a rival taxi business I'd certainly make sure I did it better than City !!!

Cheers Tipstaff. I just say what I see and if someone rips me off I feel it's my duty to get it out there in the hope that I can stop it happening to someone else

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rob Andrew said:

This Rob Andrew sat in a marquee in a field waiting for the pre booked,  paid for taxi to arrive only to be told there was no taxi available even though the money had been taken. Now City cars have £27.50 of my money sat in their bank account instead of in mine. I also would like to see City taxis reply in print and see how they try and wriggle out of commiting a fraudulent act. If I did run a rival taxi business I'd certainly make sure I did it better than City !!!

Cheers Tipstaff. I just say what I see and if someone rips me off I feel it's my duty to get it out there in the hope that I can stop it happening to someone else

If you paid by debit card I think you can get the money back as the service or item you bought/paid for wasn't delivered. 

Check with your bank 

From Google.

The chargeback process lets you ask your bank to refund a payment on your debit card when a purchase has gone wrong. You should contact the seller first, as you cannot start a chargeback claim unless you have done this. Then, if you can't resolve the issue, get in touch with your bank.8 Mar 2022

After a few choice words on the phone I was told the money would be back in my account in between 3 and 10 working days. As annoying as being taken for a mug is, the money isn't the important issue. The thing is the whole process turned out to be a big lie by City. The assurances that yes they knew where we'd be and yes they'd be there were totally false. As I said to them  just say no we don't take bookings and certainly don't take peoples money when you know full well you're screwing them over !

Stand by what I said.

Most on here were attracted to Sheffield Forum from sort of affiliation to Sheffield & not the first port of call to complain about some service as appears to be happening on a regular basis recently.  

and as if by magic - new topic - another 1 post wonder 

Reasons Why You Join Hustlers University Before It's Too Late - Sheffield Business & Employment - Sheffield Forum

Edited by Rockers rule
-

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Not the point

Never said it was.

6 minutes ago, West 77 said:

A good point well made. 

Maybe the way forward is not to allow news members to start new threads until they have made a number of contributions in discussions on the various topics.

That's how it works on a few fora I use.

The old Moderators had a very weird stance on threads like this.

Basically it was fine to libel large organisations who could afford to sue, but not small independent ones. It became absolutely ridiculous, its either all or none.

Edited by HeHasRisen

I prefer forums to fora but as both are deemed acceptable guess my view doesn't really matter !! When I signed up I didn't realise I was butting into a closed old boys network. Is there a secret handshake too ?? People are obviously free to pick and choose which services they use in any area. I felt I should tell the truth about my situation in the hope it may make people aware of what could happen if they become too confident in trusting companies we think we should.  Going back to an earlier post intimating I may run a rival taxi firm I'm starting to wonder if all the people questioning fraudulent aquirement of funds as appropriate could perhaps be the owners or shareholders in City Taxis 🤔🤔