Poor Poor Service !

Tell you what as a compromise, and to avoid upsetting the founding fathers anymore. If everyone who, either disagrees with me pointing this issue out, or agrees that a company offering a public service is ok to defraud said customers would like to send me £27.50 in return for .......... nothing I'll happily sit back, not comment on anything else and leave you to praise Sheffield, where I have lived man and boy for 54 years, regardless of what cons are committed in the name of peace ???

Oh another thing I've just realised too. West 77 please avoid potentially referring to me as a "dishonest person" on a public forum. Not the way to gain friends or influence people towards your beliefs.

32 minutes ago, West 77 said:

To be fair to the old moderators that was an understandable stance and not at all ridiculous. The truth is a small independent honest local business could be ruined as a consequence of a dishonest person making false statements on a local forum such as the Sheffield Forum.

Not at all. Either its fine to libel all companies, or none.

24 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I've not stated it's fine to libel any companies whether they are big or small.  The truth is a small local company is more likely to suffer badly or even ruin as a consequence of a dishonest person posting false statements on a local forum than a big multinational company is.  

I dont disagree.

However a forum poster is more likely to suffer consequences by libeling a large multinational than a small independent, merely because the former can afford to do something about it. Yet they remained on the forum. Was daft.

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I dont disagree.

However a forum poster is more likely to suffer consequences by libeling a large multinational than a small independent, merely because the former can afford to do something about it. Yet they remained on the forum. Was daft.

Yeah I never understood that policy. 

15 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah I never understood that policy. 

Hmmm... :huh:

Maybe ask yourself who was more likely to advertise on the forum...

... a small local company or a large multi-national?

I agree, it should have been the same policy for everyone...

... but that's not exactly what the old regime were known for, was it? :hihi:

2 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Maybe ask yourself who was more likely to advertise on the forum...

... a small local company or a large multi-national?

I agree, it should have been the same policy for everyone...

... but that's not exactly what the old regime were known for, was it? :hihi:

Bold. Damn fine point. Sir. I'd never considered that.👍

Underlined. Erm no, they weren't. 😂

17 hours ago, pattricia said:

I’m a bit worried as I have to use City Taxis next Thursday for an appointment at 12pm and will be pre- booking at 11 am. Will they turn up ?

I wouldn't have told He-Who-Has-Risen you'll be out at 12 on Thursday Pattricia.

you know what he's like, he'll be round at yours, riffling through your draws while your not in  🤣 🥴 🤣 .

Keep safe out there 8)

Glad to see this subject formed bonds for people. Just a couple of things

I believe that taking the cash for a service not provided is factual so all the posts about libel are a touch over dramatic ! And Pat I think it's probably your drawers that could be at risk of being rifled through while you're out rather than your draws 🤔 Hopefully you know the people who posted this and it is a joke rather than something that worries you while you are out !!

I'm glad I got ripped off now as it's enabled me to join Sheffield forum and see how the residents of this fair city tick.

Happy Bank Holiday

31 minutes ago, Rob Andrew said:

Glad to see this subject formed bonds for people. Just a couple of things

I believe that taking the cash for a service not provided is factual so all the posts about libel are a touch over dramatic ! And Pat I think it's probably your drawers that could be at risk of being rifled through while you're out rather than your draws 🤔 Hopefully you know the people who posted this and it is a joke rather than something that worries you while you are out !!

I'm glad I got ripped off now as it's enabled me to join Sheffield forum and see how the residents of this fair city tick.

Happy Bank Holiday

Good morning Rob, glad to see your sticking with it.

Pattricia would only be too happy with her draws riffling 🤣. (drawers / draws simple play on words - old joke ) 🤣

The ongoing saga with He-Who-Has-Risen and Pat is well known.

The Libel point is a valid one as was mine about a recent influx of strange 1 post wonders.

Nothing personal and i don't think there isn't one of us who doesn't hope you get the money thing sorted.

As for my sense of humour - it's typical Scott's - every things funny 🤣 .

Keep safe out there Rob & welcome to the forum

Rocker 8).