Are You Skint .

18 minutes ago, crookesey said:

This may come as a surprise to some, but every event in our lives is not the product of political action/inaction. Being skint can be caused by bone idleness, bad luck, health issues, poor decisions etc.

But mostly by the greed of massive company's ripping off the poor , Governments stealing Country's assets, and climate change .

24 minutes ago, crookesey said:

This may come as a surprise to some, but every event in our lives is not the product of political action/inaction. Being skint can be caused by bone idleness, bad luck, health issues, poor decisions etc.

Correct. we are mostly carried along with the tide, keeping our head above water where possible.

Watching 'Cathy come Home' should be compulsory viewing in schools.

That and having my head screwed on correctly (albeit at a funny angle) worked for me / us.

Keep safe out there 8) .

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

But mostly by the greed of massive company's ripping off the poor , Governments stealing Country's assets, and climate change .

I assume the ‘massive companies’ are energy providers, I’ve some sympathy with you there. Governments are in charge of said assets whilst in power, how do they steal them? Climate change can work both ways, we would all love to say goodbye to heating costs.

On 08/05/2022 at 08:21, cuttsie said:

Most UK based companies pay corporation tax. The government set the accounting rules and the tax rate. I am sure some companies make shed loads of money, not just energy companies.

Corporation tax is due to increase by a large amount, I believe that will take effect in 2023

That is when you are skint when you go to the Panel office ?(1930s/40s) for money for food and they ask you if you have a sofa, and when you say yes, they said sell that for food. This happened to my widowed mother.

Edited by Kidorry
added text