Relocating To Chapeltown / High Green

On 05/05/2022 at 11:38, geared said:

I never saw any bother in Chapeltown, it's a good little place and has decent ammenities.

Very good access to the M1, train station in the centre with regular services to Sheffield and Leeds.

Thank you. Sounds great.

19 hours ago, francypants said:

I would certainly recommend Chapeltown too.   A few of my family members live there.

Thank you for your reply.

• 1 month later...

I've been living in Chapeltown since 2002 in the same house.  It's got an Asda and a mix of smaller Sainsbury, co-op etc and a Lidl opening sometime this year (in construction now).  My daughter went to primary in a High Green school and had a few friends of various races but neither are the most racially diverse areas of Sheffield.  The people I worked with who said they thought Chapeltown was a bit rough said thing like "I drove through it and there were some young guys in hoodies".  That's not rough, you'll see the same in  any  of the Uni areas.  

There's a gym here https://www.placesleisure.org/centres/thorncliffe-health-and-leisure-centre/

The train is fast into Sheffield but used to be packed coming out at peak time.  I used to park and ride the tram from Meadowhall when I worked in the centre. 

I lived on a small Scottish island, Glasgow, Portsmouth, Fareham for years at a time and Chap is pretty quiet compared to them. 

• Like 1

On 09/06/2022 at 16:52, RabM said:

I've been living in Chapeltown since 2002 in the same house.  It's got an Asda and a mix of smaller Sainsbury, co-op etc and a Lidl opening sometime this year (in construction now).  My daughter went to primary in a High Green school and had a few friends of various races but neither are the most racially diverse areas of Sheffield.  The people I worked with who said they thought Chapeltown was a bit rough said thing like "I drove through it and there were some young guys in hoodies".  That's not rough, you'll see the same in  any  of the Uni areas.  

There's a gym here https://www.placesleisure.org/centres/thorncliffe-health-and-leisure-centre/

The train is fast into Sheffield but used to be packed coming out at peak time.  I used to park and ride the tram from Meadowhall when I worked in the centre. 

I lived on a small Scottish island, Glasgow, Portsmouth, Fareham for years at a time and Chap is pretty quiet compared to them. 

Just now, MJM68 said:

Thank you for your reply, That's really helpful.

Edited by MJM68

• 1 month later...

We are in Chapeltown and have standard fibre broadband with Vodaphone. Both myself and my partner are predominantly home working, and have very few BB related issues. 

On the local Facebook Forum, there is a a local social dog walking group. Might be a good way of meeting people & getting to know the good places to walk the dog? We have a young dog & there are lots of local walks to do in the area. 

Hope you get settled wherever you decide to move to.