Life In A Skip

I walked past my old pal Jill's house this morning , 

Out side on her garden was a skip, the skip was being filled with Jill's old fashioned furniture and other objects that had been accumulated over a life time living in that house on that  Road .

I met Jill a few years ago while dog walking and over the years she has given me a morning wave through her front window , now and then I helped her with little jobs such as tuning  tel's in or giving the hoover a kick when it wunt  work .

Around 12 months ago I noticed that there was no Jill at the window giving me the time of day and wondered where she was , 

I asked the old fellow next door if things where OK and he told me she was in hospital , A few months later he said she was now in a home recovering from illness and was expected back home soon .

To day there is a skip out side with Jills life in it . I have not asked the people filling it as I probably know the answer . Life is sad at times .

27 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I walked past my old pal Jill's house this morning , 

Out side on her garden was a skip, the skip was being filled with Jill's old fashioned furniture and other objects that had been accumulated over a life time living in that house on that  Road .

I met Jill a few years ago while dog walking and over the years she has given me a morning wave through her front window , now and then I helped her with little jobs such as tuning  tel's in or giving the hoover a kick when it wunt  work .

Around 12 months ago I noticed that there was no Jill at the window giving me the time of day and wondered where she was , 

I asked the old fellow next door if things where OK and he told me she was in hospital , A few months later he said she was now in a home recovering from illness and was expected back home soon .

To day there is a skip out side with Jills life in it . I have not asked the people filling it as I probably know the answer . Life is sad at times .

Hmmm... :huh:

Indeed it is, Mr Cuttsie...

... indeed it is! :(

Many familys often when not many,go in take gold cash ect,sort bank money ect,get a auctioner to clear the rest and sell the house and done,divi the cash and get on with life,shame really,but just hope the memories carry on,same with council property clear the good stuff,get any cash and hand the keys in leaving the council with the clear up.

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

My pal Bill died in January he lived in a Council Bungalow ‘ the Council would not accept the keys back from Bills daughter until every morsel was cleared ,she had to pay rent until that time ‘

Well someone dropped a ball there. There is no legal requirement for anyone else to pay the rent after a death, she should have posted the keys back to them  (or dropped them off) and walked away if she was done with the premises.

When my Gran died the family chose to keep it on for a fortnight after the funeral to empty it out themselves, there was certainly no requirement for them to do so.

Edited by HeHasRisen

It could be that Jill has been moved straight from hospital to a care home. 

I know that happens all the time. If she was considered unable to care for herself she would have no choice. 

I do hope that one way or another your friend Jill is in a better place...

55 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It could be that Jill has been moved straight from hospital to a care home. 

I know that happens all the time. If she was considered unable to care for herself she would have no choice. 

I do hope that one way or another your friend Jill is in a better place...

We all end up in a better place Anna , 

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well someone dropped a ball there. There is no legal requirement for anyone else to pay the rent after a death, she should have posted the keys back to them  (or dropped them off) and walked away if she was done with the premises.

When my Gran died the family chose to keep it on for a fortnight after the funeral to empty it out themselves, there was certainly no requirement for them to do so.

I can only tell you what I was told /