State Opening Of Parliament

Just now, West 77 said:

Struggling to understand your point. There would still be a state opening of parliament if we lived in a republic. Each year the government of the day tells parliament what bills and legislation it intends to introduce during the forthcoming year.

Struggle on, others will understand.

• Thanks 1

I doubt it would be done with all this fanfare....

God knows what it's costing

I don't think it sets the right tone for a working group.

All tradition, and living in the past. Is it really suitable for moving forward in the 21st century?

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Struggling to understand your point. There would still be a state opening of parliament if we lived in a republic. Each year the government of the day tells parliament what bills and legislation it intends to introduce during the forthcoming year.

Ironic! You use the word struggle, thats ìs exactly  what the majorityof people are doing due to the high cost of living, high taxes and national insurance and the rise of energy and fuel at the pumps, and yet the taxpayers are paying for this garbage, disgusting, anyhow it should be televised on BBC4 not BBC 1. Robin Hood ficticious character are not, its like living in them days.  People have had enough , mark my words people will not go on standing for this in a so called modern world,  Black people have rightly proved this,  how they have been treated over the years.  Opression in any form will not be tolerated will not prevail. :rant:

just a perfectly normal country, transporting a shiny hat, a short distance, in the most complicated, expense-laden way possible.

for no reason whatsover.

i'm more conservative than is fashionable to admit, and a fundamental part of that is my belief that evolution is better than revolution - small considered changes are usually better than dramatic upheaval. And quirky anachronisms are there to be enjoyed, for they too, will pass in time. 

But this kind of thing has me sketching Guillotines.

14 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Ironic! You use the word struggle, thats ìs exactly  what the majorityof people are doing due to the high cost of living, high taxes and national insurance and the rise of energy and fuel at the pumps, and yet the taxpayers are paying for this garbage, disgusting, anyhow it should be televised on BBC4 not BBC 1. Robin Hood ficticious character are not, its like living in them days.  People have had enough , mark my words people will not go on standing for this in a so called modern world,  Black people have rightly proved this,  how they have been treated over the years.  Opression in any form will not be tolerated will not prevail. :rant:

Totally agree,

It's traditional, and cost's a lot money,

It's traditional to have a hole in doughnuts.

Another rip off, manufacture's Make loads of money by having a hole in a Donut, the unsuspecting public buy these items thinking they've got something special..

Were being conned,  🍩 

Stop buying Donuts till we get the full purchase.....

2 minutes ago, ads36 said:

just a perfectly normal country, transporting a shiny hat, a short distance, in the most complicated, expense-laden way possible.

for no reason whatsover.

i'm more conservative than is fashionable to admit, and a fundamental part of that is my belief that evolution is better than revolution - small considered changes are usually better than dramatic upheaval. And quirky anachronisms are there to be enjoyed, for they too, will pass in time. 

But this kind of thing has me sketching Guillotines.

Never mind sketching guillotines they need to use them, starting with Boris. :hihi: