Struggling With The Cost Of Living?

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Do you reckon there's any chance he's going to clearly define what he means by benefit scroungers?

🥱

As they say

28 minutes ago, West 77 said:

No wonder why you're so touchy.

Who's being touchy?

Not me fella. I'm actually happy knowing that my lifestyle irritates you so.

Thanks for paying for my takeaway Westy. It's much appreciated.  

Edited by The_DADDY

58 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Most people would call me a benefit scrounger then.

Dole scum was what I was called when I was claiming JSA. I didn't want to be on benefits and hated going to the job centre but needs must.  It's like the  Class sketch from The Frost report. West looks down on you because you get benefits.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

Dole scum was what I was called when I was claiming JSA. I didn't want to be on benefits and hated going to the job centre but needs must.  It's like the  Class sketch from The Frost report. West looks down on you because you get benefits.

He certainly does. He seems Very close minded. I could go into the reasons with him why I'm claiming benefits but I won't for two reasons.

1. None of his business. 

2. I like the idea that my lifestyle irritates him.

👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zinger549 said:

West looks down on you because you get benefits.

People on the right do tend to judge people. People should be made to work or volunteer, trouble is that is not easy.

My daughters boyfriend doesn't work, he literally hardly ever leaves the house.

That is not good for him. He is obviously a troubled soul with a mindset of just watching TV and games etc 

18 hours ago, redruby said:

No.  So is tax fraud not so bad because because a person or organisation has paid a lot of tax? Not so bad as a poor person making a benefit scam because they haven’t ever paid much tax and presumably are less deserving of helping themselves to something they’re not entitled too. Because that is what some people are claiming on here and that’s nonsense too. 

Some people here claim a lot of things. I can't answer for them. :)

25 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Are you a full time carer for someone?

Yup. I had to give up work to look after my boy when the nhs almost killed him. Both MY kids have complex special needs so I also need to be constantly on hand. I'm not able to leave them alone for more than about an hour. If I do then problems can and often do arise. I've been their sole carer for about 7 years now, not had a night out or a day off in all those 7 years. This has taken its toll on my own health which at the minute isn't great. Looking after my kids is the hardest job I've ever had.

It's also the most rewarding 👍

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yup. I had to give up work to look after my boy when the nhs almost killed him. Both MY kids have complex special needs so I also need to be constantly on hand. I'm not able to leave them alone for more than about an hour. If I do then problems can and often do arise. I've been their sole carer for about 7 years now, not had a night out or a day off in all those 7 years. This has taken its toll on my own health which at the minute isn't great. Looking after my kids is the hardest job I've ever had.

It's also the most rewarding 👍

If what you are saying is true, and I assume it is, nobody in their right mind would call you a benefits scrounger.

You should be commended!

At the same time,  anyone in their right mind should also appreciate that there are benefit fraudsters and cheats who are sucking up resources that would be better spent helping the truly needy. I've no problem at all calling them "scroungers".

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, trastrick said:

If what you are saying is true, and I assume it is, nobody in their right mind would call you a benefits scrounger.

You should be commended!

At the same time,  anyone in their right mind should also appreciate that there are benefit fraudsters and cheats who are sucking up resources that would be better spent helping the truly needy. I've no problem at all calling them "scroungers".

Oh yes I have absolutely no doubt there are hard core scroungers who take anything they can. I personally know of someone (abused the benefits system to avoid paying maintenance)  

I was mainly taking issue with west and his sweeping generalizations.