Quran and Modern Science - Conflict or Conciliation?

In paragraph 1, you have Christians chopping and changing the Bible, In paragraph 2 you're saying Christians would kill anyone who did this.

No in the 2nd paragraph I said that as Christians have been quite prepared to kill (& indeed burn at the stake) people they believe to be advocating heretical beliefs it’s absurd of you to argue that they wouldn’t also burn paper containing heretical beliefs.

In paragraph 1, you have Christians chopping and changing the Bible, In paragraph 2 you're saying Christians would kill anyone who did this.

Anyway, if you don't mind Plek, I've got enough on my plate at the moment in my little 'tete a tete' with Zafar, who I am still waiting for to reply.

I think the cocktail of Satanic verses, Muhammeds inclination for 6 year olds and Uthman destroying the variants of texts is a bit too much for him as he seems to have conveniently 'forgotten' about this thread.

Ho hum.

He will be waiting to be told what to say, and when he does answer he will not answer any of your points.

Ther should be a new word:- 'Zafaristic' meaning to talk knowledgably and at length whilst not answering any questions whatsoever.

It could be a sub definition of 'Blairistic' :D

He will be waiting to be told what to say, and when he does answer he will not answer any of your points.

Ther should be a new word:- 'Zafaristic' meaning to talk knowledgably and at length whilst not answering any questions whatsoever.

It could be a sub definition of 'Blairistic' :D

I'll second your proposal and will contact the OED forthwith!

Brilliant.

Could we include the verb 'to Zaf'? As in, I've just been Zaffed or 'that post is asking for a good zaffing'.

Archived