Should I Shave My Head?

I have been a little thin on top for 20+ years. I like my hair, but is it time to shave it all off.

Does a bald/shaved head give a certain image, positive or negative?

Do baldies just shave with an electric hair trimmer or a shaver?

There seems to be more barbers shops than ever in my local town, but £5 just to trim a few hairs seems excessive, they don't seem busy.

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

I have been a little thin on top for 20+ years. I like my hair, but is it time to shave it all off.

Does a bald/shaved head give a certain image, positive or negative?

Do baldies just shave with an electric hair trimmer or a shaver?

There seems to be more barbers shops than ever in my local town, but £5 just to trim a few hairs seems excessive, they don't seem busy.

Don't know how to advise or respond, but I love the post. 🤣🤣

Yeah go for it. I was a committed rocker for years with hair halfway down my back. I used to tie my hair up for work and such like. Imagine my surprise when I got with our lass who had two small kids and realised nits were still a thing. After a couple of months of the weekly hair check routine I walked in the barbers and got a number 2. Never looked back, low maintenance just get the missis to run the clippers over the bonce every couple of weeks. 

Agree with Jim117.  I started going for a number 2 after the first lockdown was lifted & I looked like the last remaining BeeGee.  Barber ask me if I wanted my usual cut.  I looked in the mirror & said "Give me a number 2 all over." 

I think we were both shocked that I said that & when she shaved the first chunk of hair right down the middle of my head I did have a bit of a panic when I could see scalp instead of hair but it was too late to turn back.  I also wondered what my wife would think?   But you know what, when I stepped out from the barbers & felt the Sun & a breeze on my head, it felt very liberating. 

I've kept it up so aother bonus is that I now only have a haircut abouts once every 3 months.  Gone from paying around £60 per year to £20.

Edited by Baron99

6 minutes ago, West 77 said:

What price would you not consider to be excessive?

It's about having less hair too, I have had my own shaver for years.

I used to pay £3, £5 for cutting off less hair is excessive, I would be happy with £3.

Some of us do answer questions!

7 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Agree with Jim117.  I started going for a number 2 after the first lockdown was lifted & I looked like the last remaining BeeGee.  Barber ask me if I wanted my usual cut.  I looked in the mirror & said "Give me a number 2 all over." 

I think we were both shocked that I said that & when she shaved the first chunk of hair right down the middle of my head I did have a bit of a panic when I could see scalp instead of hair but it was too late to turn back.  I also wondered what my wife would think?   But you know what, when I stepped out from the barbers & felt the Sun & a breeze on my head, it felt very liberating. 

I've kept it up so aother bonus is that I now only have a haircut abouts once every 3 months.  Gone from paying around £60 per year to £20.

T'other way for me, lock down had me reaching for a  bobble (kidding) but certainly had the 70's long hair thing going on.

So as the all clear was given straight back into the DA 8).

While were talking 70's Baron,

Should have let your barber stop after the first shearing.

See the source image#

Worked for Peter Gabriel :huh:.

Keep safe out there 8) .