Monkeypox Madness

• 1 month later...
On 01/06/2022 at 14:21, melthebell said:

Dr John Cambell on Monkeypox

This bloke is not a doctor of medicine, science, maths or anything to do with viruses.

He has a PhD in teaching methods at the University of Bolton.

He has a huge following amongst Conspiracy Theorists particularly amongst the far-right in America.

10 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

This bloke is not a doctor of medicine, science, maths or anything to do with viruses.

He has a PhD in teaching methods at the University of Bolton.

He has a huge following amongst Conspiracy Theorists particularly amongst the far-right in America.

No he doesn't have a following of conspiracy theorists, he says things they don't like, i use him because he is fair and balanced about things, he says the good things, he says the bad things.

Feel free to show any instances where he lies in his videos as evidence that hes crap and / or a conspiracy theorist.

cos frankly you used to be a decent poster, but im finding you increasingly obsessional and its getting annoying so wind yer neck in.

Edited by melthebell

7 hours ago, melthebell said:

No he doesn't have a following of conspiracy theorists, he says things they don't like, i use him because he is fair and balanced about things, he says the good things, he says the bad things.

Feel free to show any instances where he lies in his videos as evidence that hes crap and / or a conspiracy theorist.

cos frankly you used to be a decent poster, but im finding you increasingly obsessional and its getting annoying so wind yer neck in.

I did listen to to the first few minutes to see if he has regained his 'balance'.

Nah -he fell over straight away with the magic words Wuhan, Covid, NIH, gain of function, proximity of market to Lab,  WHO involvement etc.

Why did he say those magic words? Was it to get all the Conspiracy Theorists excited and thinking they were going to be fed more?

The Conspiracy Theorists and anti-vaccination activists lapped up his videos on Ivermectin, the Conspiracy Theorists loved his opinions and links to unsupported, misleading and misinformation about Covid  deaths and data on vaccines. The Conspiracy Theorists and Covid deniers on here seem to use him repeatedly.

His PhD and title of doctor were awarded as he is good at making videos.

39 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

The Conspiracy Theorists and anti-vaccination activists lapped up his videos on Ivermectin, the Conspiracy Theorists loved his opinions and links to unsupported, misleading and misinformation about Covid  deaths and data on vaccines. The Conspiracy Theorists and Covid deniers on here seem to use him repeatedly.

Yes hes done a video on Ivermectin, hes never said covid vaccines are unsafe though, nor has he ever said you should take ivermectin instead of the vaccine, in fact in every single one of his videos he says you should take the vaccine.

Hes done  videos on the negative aspects of  the vaccine too, the blood clots etc which is probably what you mean, not sure how you get unsupported, misleading claims and misinformation when he ONLY uses official sources for his data. Hes also mentioned people who administer the vaccine should aspirate (think thats the word) to cut down on the risks of blood clot etc as he says that could be the issue (im not a dr so i couldnt say if thats right or wrong but i do know not administering an injection wrong could cause problems).

As ive said conspiracy theorists may latch onto 1 thing he says that may support their claims as thats what they do, but they dont support or watch him as a whole as the vast majority of his videos (ones ive seen anyway, ive not seen every one) generally go against what they say and believe. ESPECIALLY ones on here

Edited by melthebell

15 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Yes hes done a video on Ivermectin, hes never said covid vaccines are unsafe though, nor has he ever said you should take ivermectin instead of the vaccine, in fact in every single one of his videos he says you should take the vaccine.

Hes done  videos on the negative aspects of  the vaccine too, the blood clots etc which is probably what you mean, not sure how you get unsupported, misleading claims and misinformation when he ONLY uses official sources for his data. Hes also mentioned people who administer the vaccine should aspirate (think thats the word) to cut down on the risks of blood clot etc as he says that could be the issue (im not a dr so i couldnt say if thats right or wrong but i do know not administering an injection wrong could cause problems).

As ive said conspiracy theorists may latch onto 1 thing he says that may support their claims as thats what they do, but they dont support or watch him as a whole as the vast majority of his videos (ones ive seen anyway, ive not seen every one) generally go against what they say and believe. ESPECIALLY ones on here

I am not totally convinced but accept your opinion.

• Thanks 1

On 25/07/2022 at 18:08, melthebell said:

Looking at his wiki entry at some of the things he's apparently said about covid, he seems to have fallen down a bit of a rabbit hole.  Whether the misinformation is deliberate, or based on the faulty beliefs of other rabbit hole dwellers, or on a misunderstanding and consequent misrepresentation of the data and sources, I don't know.

On 23/06/2022 at 17:50, HumbleNarrator said:

Is it still called "monkeypox?" I thought I heard that the world health organization was considering naming it something else.

To be fair "monkeypox" sounds like something Alf Garnett would have called it 😆

Was a scientist  on tv last week who said "monkeypox  has as much to do with monkeys as chickenpox has to do with chickens " :thumbsup: