Modern Life Is Rubbish

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Hold on, can we be consistent please ? 

Weren't you one of those saying kids being videoed was dangerous and therefore any ban was a good thing ?

In fact you, and certainly some others, were saying it wasn't the ban that was unreasonable it was me expecting to be able to video my child.

Surely if you actually think that you should have been "protecting" those kids in all that danger ?

In fact steve69 actually made some trolling post implying it was weird to want to video your children, pity he wasn't there telling all those parents his views on it because I'd have liked to see the result. 

Your fertile imagination again.

People are NOT saying that.  People are saying that is the law and that they see no particular problem with that law..

It's a bit like the speed limit.   We may not  agree with a particular limit, but we do agree to obey,  it without making a song and a dance about it all. 

Can I ask Chekhov a question. Clearly he thinks it's fine to take photos of whatever you please (children) on private land... Would he mind if I spent 20 minutes in his shop taking photos of everything? It's exactly the same surely so I can't see the issue. 

34 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Hold on, can we be consistent please ? 

Weren't you one of those saying kids being videoed was dangerous and therefore any ban was a good thing ?

In fact you, and certainly some others, were saying it wasn't the ban that was unreasonable it was me expecting to be able to video my child.

Surely if you actually think that you should have been "protecting" those kids in all that danger ?

In fact steve69 actually made some trolling post implying it was weird to want to video your children, pity he wasn't there telling all those parents his views on it because I'd have liked to see the result. 

I'm guessing you're one out so D...hekhov maybe put the trolling up so we can see it, otherwise you look like a dickov as for your fertile imagination, I spent many years photographing local and national events, you have to respect what  photography policy the venues, associations and schools have in place, so no wriggle room just OBEY them and sit your arse down.

Edited by steve68
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Your answer is inconsistent.

Is videoing kids dangerous, or not ?

Yes or no ?

The answers are inconsistent because you are asking the wrong people again.

The government make the laws and we just obey them.     What difference does it make what we think ?

It matters to you,  not me,  and so you have a choice of obeying the law or disobeying that law.

I've obeyed it but, either way,  it is not my problem.  You are obviously trying to garner our support but it's not going to happen.

Ask that question of the government instead of us.

18 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Eugh 🤮

I remember a time when women had class. Seems those times are on the way out.

You may remember it that way but it doesn't mean it was so - The illusion of moral decline.

Anecdotal evidence indicates that people believe that morality is declining1,2. In a series of studies using both archival and original data (n = 12,492,983), we show that people in at least 60 nations around the world believe that morality is declining, that they have believed this for at least 70 years and that they attribute this decline both to the decreasing morality of individuals as they age and to the decreasing morality of successive generations. Next, we show that people’s reports of the morality of their contemporaries have not declined over time, suggesting that the perception of moral decline is an illusion. Finally, we show how a simple mechanism based on two well-established psychological phenomena (biased exposure to information and biased memory for information) can produce an illusion of moral decline, and we report studies that confirm two of its predictions about the circumstances under which the perception of moral decline is attenuated, eliminated or reversed (that is, when respondents are asked about the morality of people they know well or people who lived before the respondent was born). Together, our studies show that the perception of moral decline is pervasive, perdurable, unfounded and easily produced. This illusion has implications for research on the misallocation of scarce resources3, the underuse of social support4 and social influence5.

5 hours ago, altus said:

You may remember it that way but it doesn't mean it was so - The illusion of moral decline.

And it also doesn't mean that it wasn't.

It's just the results of surveys and the first part is proving that people are wrong  and so the survey is wrong.

Their conclusions are also from surveys which,  they have just proved,  cannot be relied upon,  so the conclusion cannot be relied upon either.

They are saying that people are mistaken when they tell them A,  but when they tell them B,  that can be absolutely relied upon.

You can make surveys tell anything you want them to tell.

As an old person, I don't think,  I KNOW,  that standards of morality, caring, decency, politeness etc have all gone downhill,  during my lifetime and that's no illusion.

As always,  think for yourself and make up your own mind.