Modern Life Is Rubbish

40 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

That's what these "experts" said at the time and it was used by our spineless government to suppress us all like they have never suppressed us before in our entire history. Stop trying to change history.

The things I was saying are based on facts and analysis documented at the time and now largely in the public domain. No need to reinvent history.

2 hours ago, Tyke02 said:

The things I was saying are based on facts and analysis documented at the time and now largely in the public domain. No need to reinvent history.

TBH I am amazed you appear to be claiming the "experts" the government were listening to were right in their predictions, or even mostly right.

What definition of "right" are you using ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

The "experts" predicted coffins lining up en masse, that antibacterial gel could kill a so-called "virus" and that wearing a piece of cloth over your face was the magical answer to the so-called "pandemic".

Actually the experts predicted that basic hygiene was a way of helping to stop the spread of the virus which was the same logic for face masks. 

And there was nothing "so-called" about it. It was a pandemic 

Edited by Delayed
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

TBH I am amazed you appear to be claiming the "experts" the government were listening to were right in their predictions, or even mostly right.

What definition of "right" are you using ?

Merely pointing out that you have to avoid a lot of available information to persist with your position that selectively quoted press reports and anecdotes are something to be relied upon.  I think I've pointed this out before in various ways, and you've never addressed it.

10 minutes ago, Tyke02 said:

Merely pointing out that you have to avoid a lot of available information to persist with your position that selectively quoted press reports and anecdotes are something to be relied upon.  I think I've pointed this out before in various ways, and you've never addressed it.

The same thing could be said about the fearmongering press reports that pushed the whole "pandemic" agenda. 

1 hour ago, Delayed said:

Actually the experts predicted that basic hygiene was a way of helping to stop the spread of the virus which was the same logic for face masks. 

And there was nothing "so-called" about it. It was a pandemic 

that raises the question ... were they right?

Or is it just airborne and there's nothing you can do to prevent it other than to isolate, or stop breathing and walk about with your eyes closed.

the experts, whoever they are, said it wasn't airborne originally .. not so expert after all.

9 minutes ago, fools said:

that raises the question ... were they right?

Yes they were right. Unless you think that basic hygiene has no affect on germs?

Or is it just airborne and there's nothing you can do to prevent it other than to isolate, or stop breathing and walk about with your eyes closed.

No-one mentioned stopping breathing or walking about with your eyes closed.....

the experts, whoever they are, said it wasn't airborne originally .. not so expert after all.

Exactly they said that originally but as we learned more about the virus, the more things changed.