Modern Life Is Rubbish

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

The Times article :  Fresh intake [of MPs] will improve standards

Standards of behaviour and conduct in parliament will markedly improve when senior and more elderly MPs retire at the next election, Westminster's sleaze watchdog has said.

Daniel Greenberg, parliamentary commissioner for standards, said that an influx of new MPs would give parliament a fresh start because they would bring with them experience of modern workplaces.

Greenberg said the new intake would probably come from "exciting workplace environments where they will be used to the very best in modern standards of how a [modern] workplace works [sic] and how colleagues treat each other".

https://www.danielgreenberg.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/Article-Times.pdf

"exciting workplace environments" 

Seriously ?

Places where you have to be paranoid about everything you say and do are "exciting" ?

Greenberg must have a very odd definition of "exciting", to me it sounds anodyne, sterile, dull, humourless, intolerant and, basically, boring.

Most people I know want to have a laugh at work, and the more laughs the better, they want to take the **** all day long. 

Personally I would hate to work somewhere like the NHS or some other Woke employer, where most of what we (and most people) laugh about at work would be  passé or even get you into serious trouble with IT.

Leave us alone.....

I don't think you have any idea about the typical workplace when you are self employed and mainly do your business online. 

There's no paranoia when people are being considerate in the workplace. And who says that people can't have a laugh?

Ultimately though, people are paid to work. 

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

I don't think you have any idea about the typical workplace when you are self employed and mainly do your business online. 

There's no paranoia when people are being considerate in the workplace. And who says that people can't have a laugh?

Ultimately though, people are paid to work. 

I have answered your posts here.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

"I can't chuffin' believe that there wasn't enough online security to stop me being scammed!" 

Who said that ?

I didn't.

All I said was that Google are being hypocritical by accepting adverts from companies operating this kind of swindle when they are infamous for their virtue signalling.

No, I think you are getting confused (just like you were about the cost of Australian visas).

Edited by Chekhov

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Who said that ?

I didn't.

All I said was that Google are being hypocritical by accepting adverts from companies operating this kind of swindle when they are infamous for their virtue signalling.

No, I think you are getting confused (just like you were about the cost of Australian visas).

What 'swindle'? 

Did you completely ignore the wording at the bottom of the page of their website.   It makes it very clear what it is. 

I mean, come on, you don't expect companies to be dumbing down by having to fill their page with brightly coloured multiple notices to stop people from accidentally buying something they don't need or charged for something they shouldn't be. Surely businesses shouldn't have to be subject to such a ridiculous administrative burden like that filled with OTT overprotective rules and regulation bollix just to protect dumb  consumers...... right? 

Oh, what's that?   You mean you didn't read the small print? You didn't take time to actually do a little bit of research as to how to apply for visa the official way?  You didn't actually look at some of the multiple advices about these sorts of companies and how they promote themselves to keep top of internet searches?  

At the end of the day, you unfortunately chose to pay for their service. They are company offering a facility and you agreed to their terms .

Here it is in black and white: 

NOTICE: We are an agency not affiliated with the Australian Government website. The decision to grant any permit is made by the Australian Government. We provide services and assistance on a professional fee basis of $99 for. A request can be presented also on the official website for a lower fee but without our help and assistance.

Buyer beware is the golden rule.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Buyer beware is the golden rule.  

That's the only bit of your post I agree with

43 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

What 'swindle'? 

Swindle definition :

use deception to deprive (someone) of money or possessions: