Modern Life Is Rubbish

6 hours ago, Chekhov said:

You and Delayed could go and live behind your sofas together, though I assume you'd both be wearing facemasks, just in case ? After all, you can't be too careful can you ? Apparently.

I would absolutely wager that I have spent far more time out and about over the last 2 years plus than you have.

As a retiree with outdoor hobbies,plus a dog that likes walks, a mother in law ,bed ridden in her own home requiring daily visits,holidays around the U.K.,and another one at Stratford in December.

Visits  to the theatre, meals out.

Whilst you appear  to spend your life hammering your keyboard either in your shop or at home and raging at the world.

19 hours ago, Delayed said:

Ok you don't know then and just assuming you are right. Got it 👍

What exactly are you saying I do not know ? :

1 - I think we can be pretty sure that book has been viewed thousands of times, possibly tens of thousands, particularly as it is in Libraries.

or 

2 - Very few internet pages get tens of thousands of hits, 1% at a guess ? And certainly not any pages with pictures of school events or kids swimming galas.

I'd bet my house of either of them being correct, other than the exact figure of 1%, but it'll be something very low, it might even be less than 1%.

13 hours ago, RJRB said:

I would absolutely wager that I have spent far more time out and about over the last 2 years plus than you have.

As a retiree with outdoor hobbies,plus a dog that likes walks, a mother in law ,bed ridden in her own home requiring daily visits,holidays around the U.K.,and another one at Stratford in December.

Visits  to the theatre, meals out.

Good for you, and I mean that.

Life is for living, we're not here that long, and our quality of life (certainly our fitness and mobility) starts deteriorating for most people as we get older. So make the most of it.

To me quality of life is far more important then length of life.

Edited by Chekhov

I don’t think that we should discount the possibility that Checkov isn’t all that he seems.

Maybe, he’s a pilot for a new  Steve Coogan character. I think we can all agree that Alan Partridge has become a bit predictable.

Maybe he’s lining up a series of “Checkov: Troll Finding Graph Man” to entertain us all in the spring.

In colour, of course.

Edited by Prettytom
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

I don’t think that we should discount the possibility that Checkov isn’t all that he seems.

Maybe, he’s a pilot for a new  Steve Coogan character. I think we can all agree that Alan Partridge has become a bit predictable.

Maybe he’s lining up a series of “Checkov: Troll Finding Graph Man” to entertain us all in the spring.

In colour, of course.

Oh man, are you ever going to get a 5 star Troll Rating for that one! 

7 hours ago, Chekhov said:

What exactly are you saying I do not know ? :

1 - I think we can be pretty sure that book has been viewed thousands of times, possibly tens of thousands, particularly as it is in Libraries.

or 

2 - Very few internet pages get tens of thousands of hits, 1% at a guess ? And certainly not any pages with pictures of school events or kids swimming galas.

I'd bet my house of either of them being correct, other than the exact figure of 1%, but it'll be something very low, it might even be less than 1%.

Both

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

OMG !

Our lad is going away on a residential with the school for a few days. I just had to fill out a 4 page (FOUR page) "permissions" form.

How far is this all going to go ?

I want to go back to the 1970s.....

Don't forget to tick the box consenting to photography.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tyke02 said:

Don't forget to tick the box consenting to photography.

Don't know about others, but I'd rather have him photographed by his pals parents, than school "overnight" trips, if you catch my drift!

Especially these days,  Who knows if the teacher will suddenly re-identify in the middle of the night?  :)