Modern Life Is Rubbish

2 hours ago, Prettytom said:

That’s a pretty good working description of your entire posting history.

Except it isn't.

Trolling is not saying something which the other person disagrees with, as I am sure you know, so please provide an example, or we'll know for a fact you are wrong.

Interestingly Ms Nikki and Steve 69 (or whatever his name is) have upvoted your post, yet your post is rubbish (as I am sure you know), so that says quite a lot about them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

I am pretty sure he has advocated the motorway speed limit be reduced, not attempting to wade through pages and pages to try and find it though. 

You do not have to, I have advocated the motorway speed limit being reduced to 50 when all lane running on "Smart" motorways is in operation, a perfectly reasonable position to take. Not only would it be safer, but, more importantly it would make make people feel safer and therefore more in favour of the concept. Personally, though I dislike the idea of no hard shoulder, I would rather be  moving (even at "only" 50mph) than stuck in a huge traffic jam with no where to go.

Classic example of a small amount more risk for a big gain =worth it.

Banning parents taking pics of their kids gives such a small gain it is not quantifiable (and it's even even smaller when it comes to stopping them videoing their kids racing in a gala), but it is at a significant cost to parents, hence I think it is all ludicrous paranoid nonsense.

Next ?

Edited by Chekhov

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

50mph 😂😂😂😂😂

If people don't like it they can "sod off" and use A roads. 

You have misquoted me, again, I actually said :

I have advocated the motorway speed limit being reduced to 50 when all lane running on "Smart" motorways is in operation, a perfectly reasonable position to take. Not only would it be safer, but, more importantly it would make make people feel safer and therefore more in favour of the concept. Personally, though I dislike the idea of no hard shoulder, I would rather be  moving (even at "only" 50mph) than stuck in a huge traffic jam with no where to go.

<<motorway speed limit being reduced to 50 when all lane running on "Smart" motorways is in operation<<

And, in fact, this was how the original Smart Motorway (the M42 east of Birmingham) actually worked when first opened.

Edited by Chekhov

5 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You do not have to, I have advocated the motorway speed limit being reduced to 50 when all lane running on "Smart" motorways is in operation, a perfectly reasonable position to take. Not only would it be safer, but, more importantly it would make make people feel safer and therefore more in favour of the concept. Personally, though I dislike the idea of no hard shoulder, I would rather be  moving (even at "only" 50mph) than stuck in a huge traffic jam with no where to go.

Banning parents taking pics of their kids gives such a small gain it is not quantifiable (and it's even even smaller when it comes to stopping them videoing their kids racing in a gala), but it is at a significant cost to parents, hence I think it is all ludicrous paranoid nonsense.

Next ?

Doesn't matter. Thems the rules..... next?

7 hours ago, Chekhov said:

No, I think it far more likely there are just a load of ill informed paranoid parents out there who, by definition, are probably not that bothered about filming their own kids and think well, it's no skin off my nose to prevent other parents videoing their kids, so I'll go for it.

Gotta disagree with you there Checky.

I think the authoritarian rule makers aren't particularly concerned about children, and many of them, especially the diverse crowd, have no compunction on forcing children to wear paper masks. and shutting down schools.

I never see the left as particularly family oriented, given their philosophy of "It takes a village to raise a child", and the associated nonsense of drag queen shows, and advocacy of genital mutilation for minors.

But that's just my opinion!

12 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You are certainly the bloke that should know all about paranoid nonsense.  That's all you ever post every day.

Lots of posters have tried to enlighten you about the reasons that you cannot take photos of other peoples kids.
Despite that,  you still carry on saying that is unimportant and what is important is what you want..

That is exactly why I keep referring to that personality trait of yours which makes you  "He who must be gratified at the expense of every individual on this planet"

You've just proved it again,  and you don't even know that you're doing it.

6 hours ago, Prettytom said:

You should start your own school, with your own rules 

Advertise it as the school that doesn’t bother with pesky child protection, woke.  hippy nonsense.

See how popular it is.

Public school are turning out too many illiterates, and deadbeats.

There is a movement afoot in enlightened societies, for school choice, Charter Schools and the like.

Don't dismiss the threat to to the stranglehold of Teachers Unions, so easily!

20 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Public school are turning out too many illiterates, and deadbeats.

There is a movement afoot in enlightened societies, for school choice, Charter Schools and the like.

Don't dismiss the threat to to the stranglehold of Teachers Unions, so easily!

I know.

Have some details.

https://www.gov.uk/types-of-school/free-schools

You and Checkers should get on with it, instead of sitting in your pants in Wincobank moaning about stuff.

Edited by Prettytom