Modern Life Is Rubbish

6 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

And it also doesn't mean that it wasn't.

It's just the results of surveys and the first part is proving that people are wrong  and so the survey is wrong.

Their conclusions are also from surveys which,  they have just proved,  cannot be relied upon,  so the conclusion cannot be relied upon either.

They are saying that people are mistaken when they tell them A,  but when they tell them B,  that can be absolutely relied upon.

You can make surveys tell anything you want them to tell.

As an old person, I don't think,  I KNOW,  that standards of morality, caring, decency, politeness etc have all gone downhill,  during my lifetime and that's no illusion.

As always,  think for yourself and make up your own mind.

A peer reviewed article in Nature versus the opinion of a bloke on an internet forum. I wonder which is more likely to be right?

58 minutes ago, altus said:

A peer reviewed article in Nature versus the opinion of a bloke on an internet forum. I wonder which is more likely to be right?

We don't need experts, remember?  No point in data gathering and objective analysis when you can rely on the memories and experiences of a couple of blokes off the internet that are infallible, entirely representative and not at all coloured by bias and rosy nostalgia.

And by the way, Wagon Wheels were definitely the size of dinner plates when I was little.  I remember it clearly. 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, altus said:

If you read it again properly, you will see that they are saying what I said but anyway,  You said: doesn't mean it was so    I said:  doesn't mean that it wasn't.

Doesn't matter to me  what you believe     -      I shouldn't have to keep repeating this but,  I am stating my own opinion,  nothing more and nothing less.

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

We don't need experts, remember?  No point in data gathering and objective analysis when you can rely on the memories and experiences of a couple of blokes off the internet that are infallible, entirely representative and not at all coloured by bias and rosy nostalgia.

And by the way, Wagon Wheels were definitely the size of dinner plates when I was little.  I remember it clearly. 

Half the people on this forum spend their time telling us that  "the experts"  are wrong   Just read the posts regarding Covid, Climate change, events in Russia, air pollution, politics  etc.   

I decide for myself,  what I believe,  as I'm sure you do too.   Correct me if I'm wrong

Take a laugh at my memories if you wish   -   that doesn't worry me at all.

I am surprised at your little girlie dig with Wagon Wheels   -   I thought even you were more grown up than that.    Standards slipping a little.

3 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Half the people on this forum spend their time telling us that  "the experts"  are wrong   Just read the posts regarding Covid, Climate change, events in Russia, air pollution, politics  etc.   

I decide for myself,  what I believe,  as I'm sure you do too.   Correct me if I'm wrong

Take a laugh at my memories if you wish   -   that doesn't worry me at all.

I am surprised at your little girlie dig with Wagon Wheels   -   I thought even you were more grown up than that.    Standards slipping a little.

Hmmm... :huh:

In light of your earlier post that a poster was "bullying a female"...

... maybe NOW would be a good time to point out that Hecate IDENTIFIES as a female? :hihi:

But you're right - standards of trolling are certainly slipping! :roll:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hecate said:

Dustbin lids