Modern Life Is Rubbish

5 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Having experienced a few Salty Dogs in my time, Mr Padders...

... I can tell you that I find them far too bitter for my liking!

With regards to your plans for a "Mr Risen Christmas Bash", I can only say that I've never been one for violence of any sort...

... but I applaud your patience in being able to hold out until Christmas! :thumbsup:

Eileens  had a few Salty Sea Dogs in her time .

19 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

With regards to your plans for a "Mr Risen Christmas Bash", I can only say that I've never been one for violence of any sort...

... but I applaud your patience in being able to hold out until Christmas! :thumbsup:

It's been scuppered Mr. Bloke. Cancelled!

Just had notification from the council, that, due to Health- n -Safety this event cannot be allowed to take place...

Apparently, due to massive demand from SF members, they deem "Padders Bar" to be unsuitable...

They also state that it will cause problems in Leafy Longley due to parking and congestion.

I find this unfair, having spoken to the residents of Longley (The Longley Mob) The consensus is they would like "A slice of the action"

I suppose an event of this magnitude would have to be held at the Colosseum in Rome.

Ah well, never mind eh.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Padders said:

It's been scuppered Mr. Bloke. Cancelled!

Just had notification from the council, that, due to Health- n -Safety this event cannot be allowed to take place...

Apparently, due to massive demand from SF members, they deem "Padders Bar" to be unsuitable...

They also state that it will cause problems in Leafy Longley due to parking and congestion.

I find this unfair, having spoken to the residents of Longley (The Longley Mob) The consensus is they would like "A slice of the action"

I suppose an event of this magnitude would have to be held at the Colosseum in Rome.

Ah well, never mind eh.

That pesky Kes , eh . 😀

• Confused 1

On 27/06/2023 at 13:46, PRESLEY said:

Its legal is it, well why aren't the big supermarkets charging, its not like them to miss a trick. I can't see you  being the next Mr Selfridge. :hihi:

How many people go into a Supermarket and don't buy anything ?

17 hours ago, Chekhov said:

How many people go into a Supermarket and don't buy anything ?

A poor example in truth, my bad. Here is a better one: how many people go into a clothes shop and dont buy anything? A fair few I would wager.

Me and my lad have just been through the videos of his races and it was incredibly useful, he listened like he never does usually as he could actually see where his errors were costing him time relative to the swimmers in the next lanes.
I can see why the best coaches like to video races and show their swimmers them, in fact I think all coaches should endeavour to do so.
My feeling about being stopped (at some pools) from videoing ones child racing are well known, but it also holds them back from a coaching perspective. And for no good reason....

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Me and my lad have just been through the videos of his races and it was incredibly useful, he listened like he never does usually as he could actually see where his errors were costing him time relative to the swimmers in the next lanes.
I can see why the best coaches like to video races and show their swimmers them, in fact I think all coaches should endeavour to do so.
being stopped (at some pools) from videoing ones child racing My feeling about it are well known, but it also holds them back from a coaching perspective. And for no good reason....

Well I'm sure there are some job creation benefits down the road for the regulation makers, their lawyers, printers, sign makers, new training session staff and teachers, Inspectors and enforcement mechanism., and the judicial system, when regulations are legally challenged. Maybe some sensitivity training for staff that may have to deal with irate parents, such as yourself!

Like democracy, good news for some, not so good for others.

If it results in any significant reduction in sexual crimes against swimmers, and school children appearing in school choirs, plays, and game days, open to the public, it can be counted as a success.

To find out there will have to be studies, and peer review, and possibly revised regulations, which will have to go through the process, again, (and possibly again).

Think of all the decent jobs, at decent wages, that are being created! Increased Union membership too!  Who could argue with that?

Look on the bright side!

Forget that it's all done with borrowed money, at increasing interest rates, which is already unsustainable. Then scale it up to the level of climate change and Net Zero, and all the life changing laws on society, business and manufacturing that will be required.

And hope you are dead and gone, before the bills become due! :)

Edited by trastrick