Modern Life Is Rubbish

38 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Some people may actually think that if that regulation saves one life a year it's worth the other 60 million people being inconvenienced. ...

Inconvenienced,  Ponder on that for a minute.

43 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I am due to have an op on my hand in a few days so wanted to stock up on Ibuprofen and Paracetamol, plus I needed some more Asprin (I take half a tablet a day as a supplement).

Unfortunately the shop would only let me buy two packs in total "because it's the law". He was right and I do not blame the checkout chap, but surely that is a classic modern disproportionate overcautious regulation ? 

If I were desperate to top my self using pain killers then  having to go on more than one shop to buy the necessary pills would hardly put me off would it ? ! ? So all it does is inconvenience millions of people for very little result.

But, of course, we enter the realm of what is disproportionate ? Some people may actually think that if that regulation saves one life a year it's worth the other 60 million people being inconvenienced....

And I am pretty sure if anyone does think that they also approved of us all being forced to stay at home,  wear masks and get vaccinated during Covid.....

#prayforcheckershand

In the run up to covid, I stocked up with loads of paracetamol, ibuprofen and Lemsip. Took me about 20 minutes. 

The rules are there for a reason. Just like that one about wandering around on the railway lines.

50 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I am due to have an op on my hand in a few days so wanted to stock up on Ibuprofen and Paracetamol, plus I needed some more Asprin (I take half a tablet a day as a supplement).

Unfortunately the shop would only let me buy two packs in total "because it's the law". He was right and I do not blame the checkout chap, but surely that is a classic modern disproportionate overcautious regulation ? 

If I were desperate to top my self using pain killers then  having to go on more than one shop to buy the necessary pills would hardly put me off would it ? ! ? So all it does is inconvenience millions of people for very little result.

But, of course, we enter the realm of what is disproportionate ? Some people may actually think that if that regulation saves one life a year it's worth the other 60 million people being inconvenienced....

And I am pretty sure if anyone does think that they also approved of us all being forced to stay at home,  wear masks and get vaccinated during Covid.....

Paracetamol is recognised as a major contributor to unnecessary and avoidable deaths especially amongst young people. Delaying the ability of someone to take their own life(they have to amass the pills from different sources) may in some cases result in that person getting help or re-thinking their options. The number of deaths from drug poisoning by paracetamol in England and Wales has dropped from 653 deaths in 1997 to 227 deaths in 2021. 

The same principle applies to the installation and design of features on platform ends, parapets, bridges, fencing etc. on certain roads and railways. It does not stop -it delays and gains time.

PS your medical team will provide you with the appropriate pain control/advice.

Just now, Annie Bynnol said:

Paracetamol is recognised as a major contributor to unnecessary and avoidable deaths especially amongst young people. Delaying the ability of someone to take their own life(they have to amass the pills from different sources) may in some cases result in that person getting help or re-thinking their options. The number of deaths from drug poisoning by paracetamol in England and Wales has dropped from 653 deaths in 1997 to 227 deaths in 2021. 

The same principle applies to the installation and design of features on platform ends, parapets, bridges, fencing etc. on certain roads and railways. It does not stop -it delays and gains time.

PS your medical team will provide you with the appropriate pain control/advice.

this ai is getting better

8 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Do you think that if the law was changed to allow you to buy multiple pain killers, would the shop sell you them?

Or would they think it best to not sell you a potential overdose?

do you think the shop staff care, or that a potential victim is unable to go to a different shop.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, fools said:

do you think the shop staff care, or that a potential victim is unable to go to a different shop.

They can just leave the shop, then return after taking their jacket off. Problem solved.