Modern Life Is Rubbish

Just now, Delayed said:

Yes they were right. Unless you think that basic hygiene has no affect on germs?

No-one mentioned stopping breathing or walking about with your eyes closed.....

Exactly they said that originally but as we learned more about the virus, the more things changed. 

are you sure about any of that, or is it just a summation of all the crap that the public were fed along the way - all those people who caught covid didn't sing happy birthday for long enough whilst washing their hands?

I mentioned it, because that's the only way to stop airborne infection

so their expertise was found wanting, and in fact dangerously wrong, and you still trust them. and we haven't even touched the lies about the vaccines.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fools said:

I've known a few.

That's sad to hear, especially since I've had an excellent service from my GP, as have a lot of people too. However I am aware of stories which do make the newspapers which tell of awful stories of people with terrible illnesses which have not been diagnosed when they perhaps could have been.

4 minutes ago, fools said:

are you sure about any of that, or is it just a summation of all the crap that the public were fed along the way - all those people who caught covid didn't sing happy birthday for long enough whilst washing their hands?

Yes I'm sure that washing your hands and covering your nose and mouth helps to stop spreading disease. 

I didn't realise it was only by singing happy birthday that people caught COVID. 

4 minutes ago, fools said:

I mentioned it, because that's the only way to stop airborne infection

so their expertise was found wanting, and in fact dangerously wrong, and you still trust them. and we haven't even touched the lies about the vaccines.

Can you inform all the NHS that basic hygiene techniques are dangerously wrong please? And be sure to sign it off with your username. That'll convince those Virologists, Epidemiologists that they got it all wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Yes I'm sure that washing your hands and covering your nose and mouth helps to stop spreading disease. 

I didn't realise it was only by singing happy birthday that people caught COVID. 

Can you inform all the NHS that basic hygiene techniques are dangerously wrong please? And be sure to sign it off with your username. That'll convince those Virologists, Epidemiologists that they got it all wrong. 

is there any data to back that up regarding covid. we were told, wash your hands, and everything will be alright, seems not.

weak

Edited by fools

3 minutes ago, fools said:

is there any data to back that up regarding covid. we were told, wash your hands, and everything will be alright, seems not.

weak

We were never told that.

As with BASIC hygiene measures it helps stop the spread of germs. No one ever said that by washing your hands it would prevent transmission. 

Honestly, school children are taught this....

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

We were never told that.

As with BASIC hygiene measures it helps stop the spread of germs. No one ever said that by washing your hands it would prevent transmission. 

Honestly, school children are taught this....

short memory?

what does helps stop the spread of germs mean, if not preventing transmission

Exactly .... you had the experts telling adults how to wash their hands whilst singing happy birthday

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

Harold Shipman's patients for a start.

Thankfully people like Harold Shipman are outliers and not representative of the many NHS staff who have and continue to go above and beyond the call of duty in giving excellent care to their patients.