Modern Life Is Rubbish

7 hours ago, Chekhov said:

"You shouldn't be coaching your child"

If that's banned half the parents, who take their kids to teach them to swim, would also be banned.....

"you aren't allowed on the poolside"

What, so nobody is allowed to get out of the pool ? Or to sit on the side if you're tired ? Or to get out to jump back in (don't tell the kids....) ? And do you have to ask permission to get out to walk along the poolside to the loo ?

"you shouldn't have electronics on the poolside"

The lifeguards also have walkie talkies on the pool side.... Plus the Sonr transmitter is IP54 water and dust protected.

"Your radio might interfere with the lifeguard's walki-talkies"

Now, I admit this would be a good reason to ban the Sonr, but, unsurprisingly, it did not interfere.

Unsurprisingly because :

1 - The pool's walkie-talkie network is safety critical and therefore would be on a dedicated network

2 - The Sonr's manufacturer would be pretty stupid to produce a coach to swimmer walkie-talkie system which interfered with ones used by pool life guards....

All seem like perfectly valid reasons to me, but we all know you're an obtuse clown so will always find some pathetic reason to argue against.

If you are personally not engaging in the activity and passing responsibility for your child to whatever swimming instructor/coach sessions the venue/school provides, then no, you shouldn't be coaching them. If there is already an authorised (and frankly far more qualified ) instructor in charge of the activity it's damn right they don't want pushy entitlement syndrome parents barking orders at their child through an earpiece.

They didn't say that no-one is allowed poolside. They said YOU shouldn't be poolside which again, is perfectly reasonable if you are not  taking part in the activity. The venue has responsibilities for people using the pool. They have hygiene and safety responsibilities to keep. They need to control the environment . You have no reason to be there and no right to under their rules.

Same with  the electronics. The venue's equipment and radios will be checked and risk assessed and authorised for use in that environment. Your gadget wasn't.  Why on earth would you think you have some right to start using it without permission.  

Why not buy your own  private pool and teach your child in your own space. You can manage it exactly the way you want, coach him exactly the way you want and even chuck a whole stereo system in the pool if you want to.

As I said before, until such time as it happens, Get over yourself.  Their venue.  Their rules.

How would you react if someone walked into  your shop with no intention of buying any  products then wanders behind the counter or in the back room without reason or your authorisation, starts interfering and engaging  with your customers and suddenly plugging a device into your power sockets or fiddling with your equipment without permission...

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

All seem like perfectly valid reasons to me, but we all know you're an obtuse clown so will always find some pathetic reason to argue against.

If you are personally not engaging in the activity and passing responsibility for your child to whatever swimming instructor/coach sessions the venue/school provides, then no, you shouldn't be coaching them. If there is already an authorised (and frankly far more qualified ) instructor in charge of the activity it's damn right they don't want pushy entitlement syndrome parents barking orders at their child through an earpiece.

They didn't say that no-one is allowed poolside. They said YOU shouldn't be poolside which again, is perfectly reasonable if you are not  taking part in the activity. The venue has responsibilities for people using the pool. They have hygiene and safety responsibilities to keep. They need to control the environment . You have no reason to be there and no right to under their rules.

Same with  the electronics. The venue's equipment and radios will be checked and risk assessed and authorised for use in that environment. Your gadget wasn't.  Why on earth would you think you have some right to start using it without permission.  

Why not buy your own  private pool and teach your child in your own space. You can manage it exactly the way you want, coach him exactly the way you want and even chuck a whole stereo system in the pool if you want to.

As I said before, until such time as it happens. Get over yourself.  Their venue.  Their rules.

How would you react if someone walked into  your shop with no intention of buying any your products then wonders behind the counter or in the back room without reason or your authorisation, starts interfering and engaging  with your customers and suddenly plugging a device into your power sockets or fiddling with your equipment without permission...

You're wasting your time with Chekhov. He doesn't care about anyone else just himself. I wonder what he'd say if his son said he didn't want to do swimming any more.

• Like 2

Just now, Zinger549 said:

You're wasting your time with Chekhov. He doesn't care about anyone else just himself. I wonder what he'd say if his son said he didn't want to do swimming any more.

He'd probably say 'OK son, it's your life' like any good parent would. 

• Like 2

What's happening now.

Modern life is crazy......... So it's now been announced that you no longer have to do 10,000 steps a day to keep healthy..

5,000 will now suffice?

So when I walk into Town I have to count my steps...1. 2. 3. 4. 56789 and so on..

It's chuffin 3 miles for heavens sake.

What's up with good old feet and inches and "Miles"

My two daughters look on their phones to see how many steps they have taken?

WHY!

Does Blackpool have a Golden 10,000 steps?

I've just walked the perimeter of my garden 73 steps, so I reckon 68 times round my garden will keep me fit.

I don't get it, it's barmy.........

12 minutes ago, Padders said:

What's happening now.

Modern life is crazy......... So it's now been announced that you no longer have to do 10,000 steps a day to keep healthy..

5,000 will now suffice?

So when I walk into Town I have to count my steps...1. 2. 3. 4. 56789 and so on..

It's chuffin 3 miles for heavens sake.

What's up with good old feet and inches and "Miles"

My two daughters look on their phones to see how many steps they have taken?

WHY!

Does Blackpool have a Golden 10,000 steps?

I've just walked the perimeter of my garden 73 steps, so I reckon 68 times round my garden will keep me fit.

I don't get it, it's barmy.........

Don't count owt,  just walk till you get Knackered.  :hihi:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

And to think,  a few years ago when I and others said this would 'become a thing' we were mocked and called conspiracy theorists. 🙄

You just need the admission by NASA that the moon landing was actually filmed on a Hollywood set and the word will owe you an apology.

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

And to think,  a few years ago when I and others said this would 'become a thing' we were mocked and called conspiracy theorists. 🙄

He told them to call the police. Imagine these two examples of inclusion turning up.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1797836/police-officer-recruit-age-West-Yorkshire-police-twitter

16 minutes ago, RJRB said:

You just need the admission by NASA that the moon landing was actually filmed on a Hollywood set and the word will owe you an apology.

Itll never happen.

NASA are just too dishonest to admit that 

16 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

He told them to call the police. Imagine these two examples of inclusion turning up.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1797836/police-officer-recruit-age-West-Yorkshire-police-twitter

You think that's bad. Here's a picture of South Yorkshire Police's latest recruit..

Screenshot-20230811-124001.jpg

Edited by The_DADDY
  • Haha 1