Modern Life Is Rubbish

37 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I think some may be for students but I think most are aimed at 25-35 year olds with a few Bob. I agree, houses are what we need. Are you awake to Agenda 30/NWO? I note from some of your posts, we seem to be in agreement regarding masks, jabs and lockdowns. 🙂

WHY ?   Is someone making you wear a mask, have a jab,  or making you lock down ?

10 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I think some may be for students but I think most are aimed at 25-35 year olds with a few Bob. I agree, houses are what we need. Are you awake to Agenda 30/NWO? I note from some of your posts, we seem to be in agreement regarding masks, jabs and lockdowns. 🙂

We're eager to hear more from you about Agenda 30. 😉

On 13/11/2023 at 19:19, Anna B said:

Supposed to be student flats aren't they? Students don't rough it any more, starving in a freezing garret somewhere. They now have all mod cons, which they pay through the nose for, adding to their student debt.

Absolutely, then they have the nerve to complain they can't afford the deposit for a house !

I am sure hardly any students these days would live in the shared house I had to. One kitchen with one fridge in it, one (cold) bathroom and we got ice on the inside of the single glazed windows when it got cold I seem to remember. Eventually I took the plunge and bought my own second hand fridge which just fitted in my room  ! 

On 14/11/2023 at 00:10, Organgrinder said:

WHY ?   Is someone making you wear a mask, have a jab,  or making you lock down ?

People like you did, for, to a greater or lesser extent, nearly two years

Edited by Chekhov

On 13/11/2023 at 16:46, Rockers rule said:

I love to go down to the playground and watch all the little children jump up and down and run around yelling and screaming. They don't know I'm only using blanks.

Elmo Philips 😃🥴

I want to be in your gang

..........only kidding.

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Absolutely, then they have the nerve to complain they can't afford the deposit for a house !

I am sure hardly any students these days would live in the shared house I had to. One kitchen with one fridge in it, one (cold) bathroom and we got ice on the inside of the single glazed windows when it got cold I seem to remember. Eventually I took the plunge and bought my own second hand fridge which just fitted in my room  ! 

Lots of students live in shared houses, my own children did, with a single kitchen, single fridge, and equally as squalid as my squalid shared house at uni. There is no virtue in having ice on the inside of windows, it doesn't make anyone a better person.

The difference in rent between a room in a shared house and a room in a shared flat in a purpose built block is minimal.

If you think that's the reason why they can't afford the deposit for house you need to think a bit harder.

Edited by Bargepole23

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Two years ?  Really

5 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Lots of students live in shared houses, my own children did, with a single kitchen, single fridge, and equally as squalid as my squalid shared house at uni. There is no virtue in having ice on the inside of windows, it doesn't make anyone a better person.

The difference in rent between a room in a shared house and a room in a shared flat in a purpose built block is minimal.

If you think that's the reason why they can't afford the deposit for house you need to think a bit harder.

I see a lot of "luxury student accommodation" being built and rented out.

But I see the same thing about young people complaining they can't afford to buy a  house.

What they mean is they can't afford to buy a house that's :

1 - In the area they want to live

2 - In a nice state of repair and decoration.

There are many cheap houses for sale in Parsons Cross or wherever.

A friend of mine had a hell of a job selling his house despite the fact it was a three bed terrace in Woodseats, a reasonably "nice" area. He had hardly any offers because it needed quite a bit of work doing to it but people, including first time buyers, didn't want to do that work. They wanted to move into a house already nicely decorated and requiring no work on it. Well they can, but it will cost more money, much more.

3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

>Organgrinder said: WHY ?   Is someone making you wear a mask, have a jab,  or making you lock down ?<

>>Chekhov said: People like you did, for, to a greater or lesser extent, nearly two years<<

Two years ?  Really

To a greater or lesser extent, yes, it was nearly two years.

Suppression of society started in late March 2020.

They were still forcing schools kids to wear masks and trying to force people to be vaccinated in early 2022.

Do you not remember ? That's worrying.....

Edited by Chekhov

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

To a greater or lesser extent, yes, it was nearly two years.

Suppression of society started in late March 2020.

They were still forcing schools kids to wear masks and trying to force people to be vaccinated in early 2022.

Do you not remember ?

That's worrying.....

Proof please . I know I didn't wear a mask for two years .

4 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Proof please . I know I didn't wear a mask for two years .

I was required to prove I had had all my vaccinations and didn't have covid (with a test at the airport) before I was allowed on a plane in March 2022. Masks were also officially required although several people were flouting it by that time.

Doctors and nurses are still required to wear them in hospitals, or they were last week when I went for a check up. There are also notices asking patients to wear them even now although not everybody does.

Edited by Anna B