Modern Life Is Rubbish

54 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

There are lots of things that you in your mind you dismiss as  "cobblers" however, the rest of the world accepts and gets on with it.

Sadly you are indisputably right again. Modern society has become a bunch of frightened thoughtless sheep. In fact I seem to remember they were all letting themselves be pushed around to an unprecedented extent just a few years ago, for a virus 99% of people were surviving and which had an average age of death in the early 80s.

Still, look on the bright side, at least parents will no longer have to feel guilty about taking their kids out of school for a week or so a year (after they shut the schools for seven months).....

Edited by Chekhov

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

One thing we know for sure, you are not one of the many lane swimmers who are inconvenienced by this ludicrous paranoid rule, or you would not come out with the guff you do.

Aye, well. In the grand scheme of things. I’d say that child protection trumps the convenience, or otherwise of lane swimmers.

You’ll just have to wait your turn.

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

Aye, well. In the grand scheme of things. I’d say that child protection trumps the convenience, or otherwise of lane swimmers.

This is a rubbish answer.

What child protection ?

How could a child come to any harm whilst being taught swimming by other adults, in fact the kids are almost always there with their parents watching anyway.  The risk is so pathetically infinitesimal it is not worth bothering with.

But, if you really are of the opinion that any risk to kids is a risk too great, why don't you ban kids from travelling in cars ? That'd be far more effective as  a "Child safeguarding measure". In fact ban them from being out of the house without their parents, that'd be even more effective.

Have you, or @ECCOnoob, ever studied risk probability ? You talk like you know nothing about it....

7 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Except it's not just me is it ? That's the whole point, it's 20 to 25 people all waiting for 3 or 4 people, whilst most of the pool is unused.....

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

What child protection ?

How could a child come to any harm whilst being taught swimming by other adults, in fact the kids are almost always there with their parents watching anyway.  The risk is so pathetically infinitesimal it is not worth bothering with.

But, if you really are of the opinion that any risk to kids is a risk too great, why don't you ban kids from travelling in cars ? That'd be far more effective as  a "Child safeguarding measure". In fact ban them from being out of the house without their parents, that'd be even more effective.

Have you, or @ECCOnoob, ever studied risk probability ? You talk like you know nothing about it....

You are so intemperate that I’d be very wary of allowing a child to share space with you. 

Allowing adults access to kid’s swimming lessons is a recipe for disaster. Who knows what sort of weirdos would be attracted to a pool in those circumstances 

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Except it's not just me is it ? That's the whole point, it's 20 to 25 people all waiting for 3 or 4 people, whilst most of the pool is unused.....

You’ll still have to wait.

Hard lines.

Just now, Chekhov said:

And the other point is that those 25 people have a choice to wait their turn or find another place to swim...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

What child protection ?

Well as a liabilities lawyer I know a damn sight more about it than angry hysterical man on the internet.

7 hours ago, Chekhov said:

The reason is the pool is being used for swimming lessons before hand, no problem with that, but, and here's the thing, there are usually only 3 or 4 swimmers in the whole pool, i.e. all 6 lanes.,

So, we have 20 people or more all waiting to get in for their 25-30 minutes whilst the pool has only 3 or 4 people in it !

I asked why they could not lane off a lane or two for those being taught and use the other 4 or 5 lanes for lane swimming.

And if next week there are 15 people waiting and 10 doing lessons?

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

You are so intemperate that I’d be very wary of allowing a child to share space with you. 

Allowing adults access to kid’s swimming lessons is a recipe for disaster. Who knows what sort of weirdos would be attracted to a pool in those circumstances 

Exactly 

Peter Adamson | Coronation Street Past And Present Wiki | FANDOM ...