Modern Life Is Rubbish

17 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Except it's not just me is it ? That's the whole point, it's 20 to 25 people all waiting for 3 or 4 people, whilst most of the pool is unused.....

It was two people last night.

About 20 people waiting for 2 people...,.

And one of those was an adult, not that that should make any difference. The very idea a paedo would choose to assault a child in front of 2 swimming teachers, a life guard and (usually) the parent watching is so utterly ludicrous as to be a joke.

In fact it is so ludicrous that people arguing in favour of such a possibility, at the cost of about 20 other peoples' swimming time, must be trolling.

17 hours ago, Prettytom said:

You are so intemperate that I’d be very wary of allowing a child to share space with you. 

Allowing adults access to kid’s swimming lessons is a recipe for disaster. Who knows what sort of weirdos would be attracted to a pool in those circumstances 

You are trolling, you must be, see above.

15 hours ago, El Cid said:

And if next week there are 15 people waiting and 10 doing lessons?

I have never seen 10 doing lessons there at that time, never.

Though in actual fact I do not see why 10 people need 6 lanes to learn to swim anyway. It's a poor use of a scarce and expensive resource.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Exactly 

Peter Adamson | Coronation Street Past And Present Wiki | FANDOM ...

That is an utterly irrelevant post as he would not have been doing anything he was in a swimming lesson.....

Thus, it would appear to me, you are actually arguing that kids should not be allowed in the same pool as adults other than their parents (proven in writing one assumes). Which, BTW, I am certain will happen sooner or later which will be very sad as it will limit pool time for both of them for no good reason.

Edited by Chekhov

17 hours ago, Delayed said:

And the other point is that those 25 people have a choice to wait their turn or find another place to swim...

Nah den Mr Strawman, welcome back.

Actually I am not even sure what point you are making, but it's certainly not answering either of the questions :

Questions :

1 - What exactly do you think could happen in the above scenario ? ?

2 - I assume you think it reasonable that the parents of the 3 or 4 kids using a whole pool for a few of them should be charged the extra it costs ? If not them then who should pay ?

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

That is an utterly irrelevant post as he would not have been doing anything he was in a swimming lesson.....

Thus, it would appear to me, you are actually arguing that kids should not be allowed in the same pool as adults other than their parents (proven in writing one assumes). Which, BTW, I am certain will happen sooner or later which will be very sad as it will limit pool time for both of them for no good reason.

He was actually part of the instruction team.

If you can't trust the staff how can you trust strangers with your kids :huh:

Thanks for telling me 'Your (Skew-whiff) assumption' on what I was inferring, I'm sure it served your purpose in some way.

Keep safe 8) 

• Like 1