Modern Life Is Rubbish

21 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Stop changing my quotes,

It is a reprehensible way to behave, It’s no surprise that you have to stoop so low though.

You just had to spoil it didn't you! Nine Chekhov rants on the trot and in 1 hour, about modern life being rubbish must have been some kind of record

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Nah den Mr Strawman, welcome back.

Actually I am not even sure what point you are making, but it's certainly not answering either of the questions :

Questions :

1 - What exactly do you think could happen in the above scenario ? ?

2 - I assume you think it reasonable that the parents of the 3 or 4 kids using a whole pool for a few of them should be charged the extra it costs ? If not them then who should pay ?

Point being, you pay your money to take your choice. 

Don't like how the place is run, then leave.

Surely the solution is to take the matter up with those running the sessions.

The timetable should allow a few minutes leeway to clear the pool so that everyone gets their full time in the pool.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

The timetable should allow a few minutes leeway to clear the pool so that everyone gets their full time in the pool.

Nah that's never going to happen.

What on earth would he have left to complain about on here. His entire pasttime would be ruined.

Chekhov could have voted with his feet yonks ago. He could have shown his objections to such 'petty rules' and 'cobblers regulations' by simply refusing to keep attending and paying money to the venue.  Yet here we are. Same endless complaints every time but still going and paying his money.

All mouth and no trousers some would say.

On 06/02/2024 at 11:03, Rockers rule said:

He was actually part of the instruction team.

If you can't trust the staff how can you trust strangers with your kids :huh:

Thanks for telling me 'Your (Skew-whiff) assumption' on what I was inferring, I'm sure it served your purpose in some way.

Keep safe 8) 

Hold on RR.

As I understand it Adamson was found not guilty anyway, but if you are saying that kids are at significant risk of assault from their swimming teachers (Adamson was working as apart time swimming instructor) then you are actually arguing that MORE adults should be in the pool at the same time (more "eyes") not less. 

15 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Nah that's never going to happen.

What on earth would he have left to complain about on here. His entire pasttime would be ruined.

Chekhov could have voted with his feet yonks ago. He could have shown his objections to such 'petty rules' and 'cobblers regulations' by simply refusing to keep attending and paying money to the venue.  Yet here we are. Same endless complaints every time but still going and paying his money.

All mouth and no trousers some would say.

All hypocrisy and no sense of humour is what I would say about you and your lot. Let's remind ourselves what you said about me (and complaining never crossed my mind), in that very same thread he called me a "sadist" , then a "masochist", then said "I could not give a toss if you find it deeply offensive".

If you're that bothered about people spelling your name correctly why do you have such a complicated name ?

I do genuinely wonder of you are trolling anyway, how could anyone think that kids undertaking supervised swimming lessons would be at any significant risk of assault from anyone.

Edited by Chekhov

17 hours ago, RJRB said:

I have swum at many pools, the people who nearly always get their sessions shortened are the lane swimmers. It's never people taking swimming lessons, and only rarely is it the swimming squads or the "Aqua fit" sessions.

Some posh hotels (Excelsior e.g.  Manchester Airport)  which are rarely used by stopover guests,  same nearer to your area I expect.  You may have to join their club or whatever but worth finding out,

Edited by cressida

On 06/02/2024 at 10:44, Prettytom said:

Stop changing my quotes,

It is a reprehensible way to behave, It’s no surprise that you have to stoop so low though.

Cobblers, it was obvious what I had added and why.

If you did not mean this what did you mean ? :

You [and the other 20] will still have to wait [for the 2 swimmers in the pool].

2 minutes ago, cressida said:

Some posh hotels (Excelsior e.g.  Manchester Airport)  which are rarely used by stopover guests,  same nearer to your area I expect.  You may have to join their club or whatever but worth finding out,

I don't want to give the impression I am down on Thorncliffe pool, it is not them I am having a  go at really, it is the paranoid over cautious modern world that is causing these issues.