Modern Life Is Rubbish

15 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Cobblers, it was obvious what I had added and why.

If you did not mean this what did you mean ? :

You [and the other 20] will still have to wait [for the 2 swimmers in the pool].

It says “Prettytom said”

not:

”Prettytom’s words reinterpreted by Checkers”.

So, stop doing it please.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I don't want to give the impression I am down on Thorncliffe pool, it is not them I am having a  go at really, it is the paranoid over cautious modern world that is causing these issues.

I don't think you are asking too much, 👍

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I have swum at many pools, the people who nearly always get their sessions shortened are the lane swimmers. It's never people taking swimming lessons, and only rarely is it the swimming squads or the "Aqua fit" sessions.

Any sport that has sessions suffers the same issues which in my opinion has nothing whatsoever to do with child protection.

Through the day there is a knock on effect as people go over the time .

I have experience it in 5 a side football,tennis,indoor bowling,badminton,in fact every activity at some time or another.

No big deal.

19 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

It says “Prettytom said”

not:

”Prettytom’s words reinterpreted by Checkers”.

So, stop doing it please.

Stop going round the hoses obfuscating, what did you mean if you did not mean ? :

You [and the other 20] will still have to wait [for the 2 swimmers in the pool].

3 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Any sport that has sessions suffers the same issues which in my opinion has nothing whatsoever to do with child protection.

Through the day there is a knock on effect as people go over the time .

I have experience it in 5 a side football,tennis,indoor bowling,badminton,in fact every activity at some time or another.

No big deal.

But we aren't talking just a few minutes RJ. This ludicrous unnecessary rule means half an hour less.

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

But we aren't talking just a few minutes RJ. This ludicrous unnecessary rule means half an hour less.

In that case there is something wrong with the management of the published timetable of the various sessions which are published on their website.

An issue that can  only be sorted by their staff.

Just now, RJRB said:

In that case there is something wrong with the management of the published timetable of the various sessions which are published on their website.

An issue that can  only be sorted by their staff.

Breakdown in communication RJ.

The issue, I was told, is that the public are not allowed to swim in the same pool as people having swimming lessons. In fact I know of other pools where this does happen but we'll plough on, so since they will not split the pool we have 20 odd lane swimmers only getting 30 minute swim whilst the pool has about 3 people in it getting a swimming lesson...

22 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Stop going round the hoses obfuscating, what did you mean if you did not mean ? :

You do it frequently. You quite often alter the meaning of quotes.

I’ve asked you several times before to stop. 

Stop doing it. It is a dishonest thing to do.

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Hold on RR.

As I understand it Adamson was found not guilty anyway, but if you are saying that kids are at significant risk of assault from their swimming teachers (Adamson was working as apart time swimming instructor) then you are actually arguing that MORE adults should be in the pool at the same time (more "eyes") not less. 

Hold on to yer life ring.

As of today I haven't quite gone sealion but once again I do thank you for telling me what I am actually thinking , should make my day a lot easier.

:thumbsup: 

13 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

>>Chekhov said:
Stop going round the hoses obfuscating, what did you mean if you did not mean ? :

You [and the other 20] will still have to wait [for the 2 swimmers in the pool].<<

You do it frequently. You quite often alter the meaning of quotes.

I’ve asked you several times before to stop. 

Stop doing it. It is a dishonest thing to do.

>>You quite often alter the meaning of quotes<<

Why can't you answer the question ? If I am misinterpreting you what did you mean if you did not mean what I clarified ?