Modern Life Is Rubbish

27 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You have literally had this explained to you. Numerous times.

No, I haven't. What has been said is seeing a child in a school photo (highly unlikely though that might  be) may enable an estranged partner to find the other partner by discovering which school their child goes to. What has that got to do with child abuse (which is the heart rending question Sibon keeps playing on, whilst studiously avoiding answering any questions himself) ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22 minutes ago, sibon said:

I have no other words with which to explain it to him. That’s why I’ve stopped trying.

37 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Three points :

1 - Can you give me a plausible scenario where any child would get abused as a result of their photo being on the internet ? I cannot think of any that are within the realms of reason.

If banning millions of parents from taking pictures of their kids at school events achieves anything it may be avoiding a very very small number of estranged partners finding one another, so, more realistically  the question you should be asking me is how many of these couples could we risk finding each other ? But you will not ask that question because you know you wouldn't be pulling at the heart strings in the same way.

2 - Why are you talking like I am the only parent or grandparent who wants to take pics of their kids at school events ?

WHY ?

3 - I have asked you a much simpler question which only requires a simple answer, one or the other, but you still haven't answered :

What is more serious, and deserving of more police time and a more serious punishment, being slapped on the arse, or punched in the face ?

How does your post answer anything ?

Answer, it does not. You have avoided all three points, possibly anew record, even for you..

Are you sure you aren't a politician ?

Edited by Chekhov

Guest sibon
22 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Do you realise you are being rather unpleasant ? And are you sure you are a teacher ? 

You just don’t like the question, so you resort to insults and innuendo.

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

You just don’t like the question, so you resort to insults and innuendo.

It is an irrelevant question, I have pointed out why :

1 - Can you give me a plausible scenario where any child would get abused as a result of their photo being on the internet ? I cannot think of any that are within the realms of reason.

If banning millions of parents from taking pictures of their kids at school events achieves anything it may be avoiding a very very small number of estranged partners finding one another, so, more realistically  the question you should be asking me is how many of these couples could we risk finding each other ? But you will not ask that question because you know you wouldn't be pulling at the heart strings in the same way.

Though you are no position to criticise anyone for not answering a question, one of which you have been asked half  a dozen times on two different threads :

What is more serious, and deserving of more police time and a more serious punishment, being slapped on the arse, or punched in the face ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 hours ago, makapaka said:

I agree with you - modern life is rubbish - and it’s getting worse for a variety of reasons all which are pretty much irreversible.

Sadly I agree with you.

Hopefully I'll be dead before it gets really bad.

Edited by Chekhov

@Chekhov

Your school requests that you only take photos of your own child in school activities.

Your school does not allow parents to attend school swimming lessons or presumably any other lessons.

Your school currently does not have a parents evening.

Many can see why all or some of these measures are in place.

Your only course of action is through the headmaster or the school governors.

1 minute ago, RJRB said:

@Chekhov

Your school requests that you only take photos of your own child in school activities.

Your school does not allow parents to attend school swimming lessons or presumably any other lessons.

Your school currently does not have a parents evening.

Many can see why all or some of these measures are in place.

Your only course of action is through the headmaster or the school governors.

But have not actually given me a plausible reason why.

How exactly would a child get abused by a parent being there watching school swimming lessons ?

How exactly would a child get abused by a parents being able to take pics of kids at school events (something which, BTW, is NOT against the data protection regulations or anything else) ?

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

But have not actually given me a plausible reason why.

How exactly would a child get abused by a parent being there watching school swimming lessons ?

How exactly would a child get abused by a parents being able to take pics of kids at school events (something which, BTW, is NOT against the data protection regulations or anything else) ?

Ask the headmaster if you really want to reach a conclusion rather than seeking arguments on here.

Why do some parents get perturbed by blokes who hang around school playgrounds

Why would any parent feel that they should be allowed into a school lesson.

Why would any kid want an embarrassing person invading their school life

Edited by RJRB

1 minute ago, RJRB said:

Ask the headmaster if you really want to reach a conclusion rather than seeking arguments on here.

I am asking people on here, one person in particular, because they keep telling me they know the answer, but then fail to give it.....

4 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Why do some parents get perturbed by blokes who hang around school playgrounds

Why would any parent feel that they should be allowed into a school lesson.

Why would any kid want an embarrassing person invading their school life

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I am asking people on here, one person in particular, because they keep telling me they know the answer, but then fail to give it.....

Try a PM if you want a one to one dialogue

16 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly I agree with you.

What a sad throw away, ludicrous think to say.

Keep safe out there Chekhov.

I can't even be bothered to include the 'Dead Horse cartoon'  

8) .

Chekhov said:

Sadly I agree with you  [modern life is rubbish and there is nothing we can do to change it].

1 minute ago, Rockers rule said:

What a sad throw away, ludicrous thing to say.

But it isn't at all :

We all die, it's just a matter of the timing (though much of the stuff we heard during the pandemic would make one think we didn't, we only died of Covid).

Many people think modern life really is rubbish, and on an irreversible trend to get even worse.

So, put the two together and hoping modern life stays bearable till after one pegs it is perfectly logical.