Modern Life Is Rubbish

Just now, Magilla said:

Somewhat undermining your claimed recollection of "having survived the bombs dropped in our neighborhoods"...

...imagine my surprise! :roll:

No, that's reality.  :)

Born before the start of WW2, in Heeley, and still alive and kicking today!  :)

22 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Calling people 'Toffs' or 'Chavs' is being mooted as a Hate Crime.

Name calling is rude and not nice, but a 'Hate Crime?'

This is the problem, once almost anything can be put forward as an undefined, punishable 'Hate Crime,' we are in deep trouble.

Mooted by whom, @Anna B? Who ever it is clearly lives well away from the real world.

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Somewhat undermining your claimed recollection of "having survived the bombs dropped in our neighborhoods"...

...imagine my surprise! :roll:

For info: National Service in the UK ended in 1960, with the last conscripts leaving by 1963.

It ended for those born 1977 or later in France. So I ended up doing mine in 96-97.

Very anecdotal and only a passing remark, but…Funny how much fewer Walter Mitty’s there seems to be in France/on French forums 😏

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Mooted by whom, @Anna B? Who ever it is clearly lives well away from the real world.

Today's papers discussed on TV this morning. (Jeremy Vine 9.15am Channel 5.)

Can't remember what paper they were quoting from.

Edited by Anna B

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Today's papers discussed on TV this morning. (Jeremy Vine 9.15am Channel 5.)

Can't remember what paper they were quoting from.

Thanks - that says it all (for me) today's 'papers', discussed on Jeremy Vine - mindless drivel discussed on mindless drivel. My opinion, feel free to rubbish it, but 'they' don''t control my mind -yet!

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one who is getting increasingly annoyed at all these extra layers of "online security" ?

I paid for a day at a kids sports camp for £17 and had to get a "One Time Passcode" from my bank (which is even more annoying because my mobile phone doesn't work well at my work).

For £17 ! ? ! And I'd used that company before so one would think the bank would have known that.

It's also TOTALLY INCONSISTENT because they want one time passcodes for relatively small amounts (which can be traced through bank accounts anyway) yet give people contactless debit cards which you (or someone who nicks your card) can spend up to £100 per transaction with.....

And don't get me started on all this "password must have 8+ digits, one of must be a weird digit and  a capital and a number and a lower case". Railcards UK made me change my password because my original was "too simple", but why should I give a toss who manages to hack into my Railcard account anyway !

IT'S COBBLERS !

Edited by Chekhov