Modern Life Is Rubbish

8 minutes ago, Padders said:

That's a terrible way to end a post, and very rude......

"Get lost" [to your argument]

I think that's pretty mild TBH, bearing in mind someone is effectively telling me I have, apparently, no right to complain about anything because I am not dying of cancer (as far as I know), including being banned from swimming for 8 months (when a week out of the water is something I do not like one little bit). 

Besides, "Get lost" is nothing compared to what many on here come out with, much of it personal and offensive.....

Edited by Chekhov

13 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I could not disagree with you more. 

It is always possible to find someone worse off than yourself, so if you take your argument to its logical conclusion you would never complain about anything, e.g. if I were diagnosed with cancer and given two years you could argue "well some people have been diagnosed with cancer and only been given three months (so don't complain about it)". 

Thus, your point is, well, err, pointless.

>>try thinking yourself lucky that you live in the country that you do, where we have so many freedoms and privileges.<<

Bearing in mind the draconian restrictions we were under (to a greater or lesser extent) for nearly two years, this is a joke, right ?

As an example, I still cannot believe I was banned from swimming for nearly 8 months, I know it happened, but I find it difficult to believe it did actually happen. And, even worse, it may happen again (judging by the stuff some people come out with on here and other places), and, according to you, neither I nor anyone else should complain about it.

Get lost.

nikki-red ipost is very much s on point, sadly you're just unable to see past yourself.

whingebag, drama queen there are lots of ways of putting it, but i'm less diplomatic you're an emotional drain/void

16 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Have you ever stopped to think that for some people life is GENUINELY rubbish? People who don’t know where their next meal is coming from, who have serious illnesses, families living through wars,  people who have nothing and no one.

Instead of moaning about not being able to watch your kid have a swimming lesson, you should be thankful that he’s having them.

Instead of being so self entitled about absolutely everything, try thinking yourself lucky that you live in the country that you do, where we have so many freedoms and privileges.

Things could be an awful lot worse, believe me. Lighten up. Try to enjoy the short life you have, make the most of it, instead of picking fault and complaining about every single thing.

Quite simply you are wrong anyway, in my experience people do not complain enough :

https://www.aerialsandtv.com/other-stuff/pondering#nobody-has-ever-complained-before

32 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

"Get lost" [to your argument]

I think that's pretty mild TBH, bearing in mind someone is effectively telling me I have, apparently, no right to complain about anything because I am not dying of cancer (as far as I know), including being banned from swimming for 8 months (when a week out of the water is something I do not like one little bit). 

Besides, "Get lost" is nothing compared to what many on here come out with, much of it personal and offensive.....

I’ve just walked the dog past a couple of small lakes. Both  had plenty of swimmers in them. Both lakes have been there for longer than you have been alive. So, you really weren’t banned from swimming. Not even for a minute. You could have swum  in open water quite legally.

My advice for you, is to stop moaning about problems and to start looking for solutions. You’ll feel better and the forum will be that much nicer.

Edited by sibon

18 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Are you currently banned from swimming?

No.

Those days are gone, get over it.

Oh sorry, I was banned from swimming for 8 months but am no longer so I should feel fine about it.
You're a comedian.

"those days are gone" [implication they will never return]

I wish I had your confidence, do you ever read what some of the people on here say (assuming they aren't trolling) ?

Just now, Chekhov said:

Oh sorry, I was banned from swimming for 8 months but am no longer so I should feel fine about it.
You're a comedian.

I wish I had your confidence, do you ever read what some of the people on here say (assuming they aren't trolling) ?

Not in your lifetime anyway. 

Anyway, as said, you were never banned from swimming. They closed the swimming pools. To be pedantic it wasnt a "ban on swimming".

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

do you ever read what some of the people on here say (assuming they aren't trolling) ?

That is a big assumption to make.

But not about the people that you are thinking of….

41 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You're a comedian.

Carpe Diem

How many times have you expressed your desire to return to the old norm of pre pandemic days,and yet now you are unable to move along.

Not only that but you project into the future

It wasn’t just swimming that was affected by the temporary closure of sports halls.The decision was to minimise contact of groups of people .

Once more you demonstrate your lack of concern for anything that is contrary to your personal enjoyment.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Carpe Diem

How many times have you expressed your desire to return to the old norm of pre pandemic days,and yet now you are unable to move along.

Not only that but you project into the future

It wasn’t just swimming that was affected by the temporary closure of sports halls.The decision was to minimise contact of groups of people .

Once more you demonstrate your lack of concern for anything that is contrary to your personal enjoyment.

Yes Chekhov only cares about himself and his family.  He doesn't like the rules because they stop him from doing what he wants. 

• Like 1