Modern Life Is Rubbish

More Modern Life is becoming more and more (restrictive read rubbish) :

Railway Magazine reports that "approval from the Secretary of State for Transport will allow Network Rail to close or modify 37 crossings in Essex, Hertfordshire and the London Borough of Havering. Where a crossing is closed users will be diverted to a suitable alternative route".

They do not care if anyone will be inconvenienced by these railway crossings being closed, just so long as there is some possibility it will "keep us all safe".

Meanwhile anyone can cross any road (apart from motorways) with no restriction, not that I am arguing for any of the latter.

It's cobblers anyway, one wonders if these rail crossing closures simply result in more road crossings being forced upon the hapless pedestrians as they have to find new longer routes round. Or indeed it just encourages people to drive if the walk is significantly further....

7 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Apart from, you didn’t say ‘we couldn’t go swimming’ 

All your posts were worded ‘I couldn’t go swimming’ meaning you weren’t concerned about anyone else, just yourself.

Me being restricted from swimming obviously restricts other people from the same, that goes without saying. 

7 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Apart from, you didn’t say ‘we couldn’t go swimming’ 

All your posts were worded ‘I couldn’t go swimming’ meaning you weren’t concerned about anyone else, just yourself.

And your suspicions would be wrong (as usual).

Are you referring to this ?

Chekhov said :

On the other hand, back in Spring 2020, I suspect you would have been one of those clamouring for SF posts saying kids were at no significant risk from Covid to be deleted, am I right ? And when they were deleted by the dictatorial (and incorrect) moderators then in power,  were you pleased ? I'll bet you were, regardless of the extra stress and worry on parents of perpetuating the "this virus is indiscriminate" cobblers.

If so I am pleased to hear it, though back in April 2020 I do not remember you, or many others to be fair, supporting posts saying kids were at no significant risk from Covid. Unfortunately we cannot check back as I believe SF have deleted the entire thread and therefore all the posts, is that right ?

I can remember one idiot saying  something like "a child has died of Covid" like that implied kids are at significant risk (though it was almost certainly with Covid anyway). How wonderful to unnecessarily worry thousands of parents, I hope they were/are proud of their contribution. 

The world really went MAD, and it has yet to fully recover.....

11 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Railway Magazine reports that "approval from the Secretary of State for Transport will allow Network Rail to close or modify 37 crossings in Essex, Hertfordshire and the London Borough of Havering. Where a crossing is closed users will be diverted to a suitable alternative route".

They do not care if anyone will be inconvenienced by these railway crossings being closed, just so long as there is some possibility it will "keep us all safe".

Meanwhile anyone can cross any road (apart from motorways) with no restriction, not that I am arguing for any of the latter.

It's cobblers anyway, one wonders if these rail crossing closures simply result in more road crossings being forced upon the hapless pedestrians as they have to find new longer routes round. Or indeed it just encourages people to drive if the walk is significantly further....

There are seals breaking into houses in New Zealand and all we get are some obscure level crossing closures.

I demand more seals in houses.  Perfectly safe, we should get some.

Edited by sibon

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Bloody health and safety gone mad! Bring back asbestos!

Troll finder :
"to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content"
Antagonistic ?   Yes I think so
Inflammatory ?  Almost certainly
Irrelevant ?  Totally
Offensive ?  No
Disruptive ? Yes

Is that about three and a half out of five ?

13 minutes ago, sibon said:

There are seals breaking into houses in New Zealand and all we get are some obscure level crossing closures.

I demand more seals in houses.  Perfectly safe, we should get some.

Hmmm... :huh:

I'm a bit surprised the US Navy would be careless enough to lose their keys... :suspect:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Are these foot crossings, or road crossings? And a link to the full story would probably be useful.

13 minutes ago, sibon said:

Hmmm... :huh:

So they're not really breaking in then...
... they're just going through an open door! :suspect:

Now, had it been a cat burglar... :hihi: