Modern Life Is Rubbish

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

How long before that arrives here ?

The historical trend for harsher and harsher H&S edicts "to keep us safe" means it is inevitable, but hopefully I'll be dead by then.

What is very worrying is the number of people on here, and other places, who, apparently, agree with all this draconian and unnecessary BS, unless they're trolling of course.....

The post of Trastrick borders on trolling or at least calculated stirring.

Your repeated wish to be “dead by then” is disturbing for a bloke with a young family.

You should acquire a sense of proportion or seek help.

54 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Nah, just highlighted a fundamental misunderstanding on your part :roll:

It is a right to swim in the sea in the UK, there are no illegal swimmers, waders and paddlers!

The issues highlighted by the article would not apply in the UK.

"annual"? :hihi: :loopy:

Somebody mention Bridlington a couple posts back?

• Where lifeguards operate you are required to follow their instructions and advice.

Annual?

Sept 19, 2021

Reports of gunman sparks looting in Oxford Street

Armed police rushed to Oxford Street last night to reports a gunman was on the loose. Officers who were called to the scene at around 9.30pm ...
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/guman-oxford-street-looting-b956111.html

Agust 13, 1922

Oxford Street chaos as shops looted, Ferrari jumped on and police assaulted in wild scenes in Central London

https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/oxford-street-chaos-shops-looted-24749280

Stay safe!  :)

Edited by trastrick

8 minutes ago, trastrick said:

• Where lifeguards operate you are required to follow their instructions and advice.

Annual?

Sept 19, 2021

Reports of gunman sparks looting in Oxford Street

Armed police rushed to Oxford Street last night to reports a gunman was on the loose. Officers who were called to the scene at around 9.30pm ...
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/guman-oxford-street-looting-b956111.html

Agust 13, 1922

Oxford Street chaos as shops looted, Ferrari jumped on and police assaulted in wild scenes in Central London

https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/oxford-street-chaos-shops-looted-24749280

Stay safe!  :)

And you 😉

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2022/06/28/the-united-states-raises-the-travel-alert-to-the-dominican-republic-to-level-2-due-to-crime-and-covid/?amp=1

27 minutes ago, trastrick said:

There are a multitude of beaches around Bridlington. If you choose one with lifeguards, you have to do as they say. That seems fair as they would also be the ones who would risk their lives to sort out any problems you cause, or difficulty you find yourself in.

There are plenty of other, unsupervised beaches for you to be independent on. So if you are happy to take your chances with underwater obstruction, rip tides, sharks, angry octopi or jellyfish, you have that choice.

27 minutes ago, sibon said:

There are a multitude of beaches around Bridlington. If you choose one with lifeguards, you have to do as they say. That seems fair as they would also be the ones who would risk their lives to sort out any problems you cause, or difficulty you find yourself in.

There are plenty of other, unsupervised beaches for you to be independent on. So if you are happy to take your chances with underwater obstruction, rip tides, sharks, angry octopi or jellyfish, you have that choice.

Don’t forget the raw sewage

I'm fed up of being forced down certain digital routes that I don't want to go!

My email account is 'adopting a new system to keep your account safe.' Well I'm sorry but I am very choosy about who I give all my personal information to. I have nothing to hide but reckon the more information I give out the easier it is for hackers to put it all together and form a picture, so it's less safe not more. And as for being able to remember all the myriad passwords/numbers, forget it.....

The worst one I've wrestled with was a comparison site for holiday insurance. Before I could get a quote from any company I had to put in my name, address, age, where I was going, when, and for how long, into every company's website,.

Apart from being a time consuming pain, there's nothing like telling all the hackers and burglars when the house is going to be empty.....  

So I didn't bother, which seems to be my default setting at the moment.

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

OOPS! Shoots self in foot.

He was on private land and breaking a law he was asked for ID. He refused and was arrested.

Unlike the shores of England the New York State coastline is 'owned' and access to the beach and water is determined by the owner. It does not matter if the ownership is private, commercial, municipal or a state or national park, your access is permitted subject to the owners rules. The owners have decided that in this area swimming is always prohibited as it is marked out as a surfing area. Along the beach 11 people have drowned in three years.

Fancy quoting the MSM to support your argument and them getting it wrong. Serves you lot right for trusting MSM.

Excuse me, not so fast. 

I was told I could not swim in the sea at Los Gigantes in Tenerife back in about 2018, and that is "public land".

The life guard said it was too rough, but it was only so as you got in, if you timed it right (the large waves came in a phase then calmed down  for a min or so) it was perfectly safe. He threatened to get the police if anyone got in.

Thank you and goodnight.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

The post of Trastrick borders on trolling or at least calculated stirring.

Your repeated wish to be “dead by then” is disturbing for a bloke with a young family.

You should acquire a sense of proportion or seek help.

You are wrong, I have had personal experience of this, see my post above.

And my comment "I hope I am dead by then" is perfectly rational. We all die (even if many of those who bang on about Covid deaths never seemed to admit that), and these insufferable H&S restrictions on people's lives will come in, it's just a matter of time, historical trends prove it. Thus it is perfectly reasonable for me to say I hope they come after I am dead.

Edited by Chekhov

3 hours ago, Magilla said:

...yet another case of "should have read beyond the headline", before posting! :hihi:

Trespassing? :roll:

The person in the article in question wasn't inconvenienced as a result of a H&S edict.

See my post above......

58 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Don’t forget the raw sewage

You make it sound so inviting...

As for Health and Safety, life is dangerous. You can't eliminate risk without hampering people's freedoms. (You can't stop stupidity either, but you can try.) Many hobbies come with a degree of risk - climbing, cycling, horse riding etc. Should we ban those? This is quite possible if insurance premiums rise to a point where only the rich can afford them.

We don't all want to stay at home stamp collecting.

Edited by Anna B