Modern Life Is Rubbish

2 minutes ago, Delayed said:

None of your business [if I have any kids ] but it doesn't take being a parent to understand how to protect children 

Sounds like you haven't got any then. But let's just assume you have, and one of them is particularly good at something, how would you feel if you could not photo or video them doing it ?

Edited by Chekhov

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Sounds like you haven't got any then. But let's just assume you have, and one of them is particularly good at something, how would you feel if you could not photo or video them doing it ?

I'd just enjoy the fact that I'm there watching it in the moment. And if I needed any memorabilia, I'd have faith that my child would win and come back with a trophy, certificate whatever.

Equally it doesn't sound like you have children and you are just being controversial for the sake of it. 

Edited by Delayed

10 minutes ago, cressida said:

Someone I know was in Piccadilly Gardens (Manchester)  sitting on a bench watching the kids playing in the various fountains and he was arrested because he had a camera which he wasn't using,  now there are Japanese tourists with cameras constantly taking photos and around that area - he was released without charge eventually.

An 'over-zealous' officer then, TBH. I go to a lot of places - including Manchester - and usually have my camera with me - more for interesting/ unusual buildings or features than people, and have never yet been even stopped/questioned, let alone arrested.

24 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

That's a disgrace.

So it's a guess then.

Not really.  Unless you are really saying there is no difference between a man perving on women and a man perving on kids, doesnt take Mastermind to deduce the latter are "wired" a bit different to the former.

11 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

An 'over-zealous' officer then, TBH. I go to a lot of places - including Manchester - and usually have my camera with me - more for interesting/ unusual buildings or features than people, and have never yet been even stopped/questioned, let alone arrested.

Aye I would like to hear the other side of the story. The truth will likely be in the middle.

21 minutes ago, cressida said:

Someone I know was in Piccadilly Gardens (Manchester)  sitting on a bench watching the kids playing in the various fountains and he was arrested because he had a camera which he wasn't using,  now there are Japanese tourists with cameras constantly taking photos and around that area - he was released without charge eventually.

That's crazy 

But on the flip side when my daughter competed at events around the country I took masses of pictures. I was a proper shutterbug and nothing was ever said. Infact it never entered my head to even ask permission, I just snapped pictures.

Now, baring in mind these events were for kids from about 5 all the way up to adults and It was very common to see boys, girls, men and women walking around in little more than underwear but no one was bothered and if whilst taking pictures of my daughter I caught one of these people in the shot I'd simply delete it and move on. 

I was never made to feel like I was doing something wrong, I was trusted to use common sense. 

Why can't everywhere be like that eh? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

That's crazy 

But on the flip side when my daughter competed at events around the country I took masses of pictures. I was a proper shutterbug and nothing was ever said. Infact it never entered my head to even ask permission, I just snapped pictures.

Now, baring in mind these events were for kids from about 5 all the way up to adults and It was very common to see boys, girls, men and women walking around in little more than underwear but no one was bothered and if whilst taking pictures of my daughter I caught one of these people in the shot I'd simply delete it and move on. 

I was never made to feel like I was doing something wrong, I was trusted to use common sense. 

Why can't everywhere be like that eh? 

They are 'wired' differently.   The man in question had just been for an interview and was resting,  perhaps there had been some incidents recently and the police over-reacted.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Aye I would like to hear the other side of the story. The truth will likely be in the middle.

Quite possibly - I am not suggesting otherwise - but I'll add a couple of more 'interesting' places - Brighton beach/Great Yarmouth beach. There are others, as I do a hell of a lot of travelling, especially in summer - as you would expect.