Modern Life Is Rubbish

9 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Particularly as you are, I assume, a woman ("Nikki") I am surprised you appear to be making excuses for what HHR said.

My comment jokey about that ludicrous woman is completely different. That woman was trying to pressure others to wear masks, even if just by the implication of what she said, and deserves any joke she gets back in her direction. I was absolutely right to say :

Has this woman got a personality disorder of some kind being so bothered about virtue signalling that she is, apparently, going to continue wearing a mask until there are zero Covid deaths (so that'll be forever then).

He Has Risen, on the other hand, was saying, or implying, that all mature women swimmers are (and I quote) :

middle aged heffers

middle aged strumpets

Harlots

Really Nikki, what are you doing ?

No it isn't it is completely different.

TBH I am amazed that "Nikki" is more bothered about trying to have a go at me (because, I assume, I think the world's response to Covid was the biggest over reaction in the history of the world) than being critical of what you said. 

She's probably used to your constant blaming of others as your post is full of

1 hour ago, Delayed said:
Chekhov said: To be honest I really don't want to spend too much time, any at all really, thinking about what Paedos want to do. But I cannot imagine they would get much out of watching a video of kids in a swimming race, quite apart from anything the children are underwater  for nearly all of it. Why would Paedos want to look at children's heads bobbing in and out of the water ?

I think you need telling....but it doesn't matter whether you can imagine it or not. It will happen somewhere.

>>but it doesn't matter whether you can imagine it or not. It will happen somewhere<<

So, because you think something that would not directly put any child in danger and nobody can see the point of anyway will apparently "happen somewhere", is sufficient justification to stop all parents of competitive swimmers videoing their kids racing.

I think it is significant that actual parents of competitive swimmers are less inclined to agree with you.

I also think your attitude to this is entirely consistent with your over cautious attitude to everything else in life.

You can be over cautious in your own life if you want, but forcing your paranoia on others is completely unacceptable.

Edited by Chekhov
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

TBH I am amazed that "Nikki" is more bothered about trying to have a go at me (because, I assume, I think the world's response to Covid was the biggest over reaction in the history of the world) than being critical of what you said. 

HHR simply asked for a link, and I provided one.

Please don’t flatter yourself thinking that I’m remotely bothered about ‘having a go at you’.

You and your views couldn’t be less significant to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

>>but it doesn't matter whether you can imagine it or not. It will happen somewhere<<

So, because you think something that would not directly put any child in danger and nobody can see the point of anyway....

Again, why do you think you speak for everyone? 

If nobody can see the point of it then why are you the only one moaning about it?

Do you not see that no one else agrees with you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RJRB said:

Chekhov said:
That's even worse, you're digging yourself deeper and deeper with this one. What exactly have these women done to deserve such abuse ? :

Strumpet :

a woman who has many casual sexual encounters or relationships.

Presumably not pig ugly then.

What exactly have these women done to deserve such abuse ?

The salient question (unanswered).

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

Again, why do you think you speak for everyone? 

If nobody can see the point of it then why are you the only one moaning about it?

Do you not see that no one else agrees with you?

You are wrong, in particular most parents of competitive swimmers, and it is their thoughts which should trump everyone else's as far as this goes.