Modern Life Is Rubbish

1 hour ago, sibon said:

A lot of schools include photographic permission in the home school agreements that they send at the beginning of the year. It still needs treating with caution though, because the personal circumstances of the pupils can change. So the schools need to be on the ball and they need the trust and support of all of the parents.

As for websites, getting permission is paramount. One school that I have worked at, photographed students from behind, so you could see what was going on, but not identify individuals.

Marking out circles on the floors, would make it easier for photographers to know where to stand.

Copvering reflective glass to avoid a reflection that could be seen from the right angle, or if stood on a milk crate.

And speaking of photographers, all school phographers should be thoroughly background checked before they bring a camera into a school. You never know what they do with those negatives!  :)

One other thing:

I would imagine there are more "suggestive" photos of children taken by themselves or their friends, than by complete strangers.

Maybe ban cell phone cameras in school. But then, you can't tell what they do when outside. 

Edited by trastrick

48 minutes ago, trastrick said:

What is "compounded"?

If you're trying to find someone, don't know what their new identity is but do have a photo of them, it's a lot easier to do with a reverse image search. Instead of trawling through images yourself, you can ask Google to do it for you.

What are the stats on the methods pedos use to satisfy their evil desires? They are looking for kids, any kid will do. Taking up photography?

It's not about pedos. It's about violent ex partners who are trying to find their kids and ex partner after the authorities considered them to be such a high risk of harm that they have relocated them and given them new identities.

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

We're off again, can you define vulnerable ?

>>Also try explaining to a child why they cant be in a photo.<<

You are implying the child does not know that the problem with so and so is not known to him/her. This is getting ridiculous.

You have kids, yes?

Do you really think a 4, 5, 6 year old child is going to understand why he or she cant be in a photo with all of the buddies in his or her class?

22 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I agree with you completely, but two points are raised :

1 - Those in favour of draconian  edicts "to be on the safe side" and "keep us safe", don't want to emphasise that because adults don't pull the heart strings like kids do.

2 - Even if it is actually the adults who need protecting, the prev poster seemed to be saying the child knows nothing of the problem !

It's not just the adult at risk. Sadly, there are plenty of examples of kids being killed by a parent to get at the other one or even because they take the view that 'if I can't have them I'm going to make sure you can't either'.

Also try explaining to a child why they cant be in a photo.

You'll find that kids who've had years of being terrified by a parent and have been relocated by the authorities are quite accepting of being told that they can't appear in a photo in case the bad parent finds them again.

5 minutes ago, altus said:

You'll find that kids who've had years of being terrified by a parent and have been relocated by the authorities are quite accepting of being told that they can't appear in a photo in case the bad parent finds them again.

Ok, how about after the first time it has happened?

1 hour ago, altus said:

It's not just the adult at risk. Sadly, there are plenty of examples of kids being killed by a parent to get at the other one or even because they take the view that 'if I can't have them I'm going to make sure you can't either'.

How many ? In particular, how many have ended up dead because of photos published on the internet who provably would never have done so had those pics not been taken ?

But, more to the point, are we not approaching this from the wrong end anyway ? Why should a parent have to go into hiding ? Surely the law, or policing, has failed if that happens, so fix the law or the policing rather than forcing a parent to have to look behind themselves for the rest of their lives and, as a very significant side effect, stop all parents photographing their kids at school events.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

You have kids, yes?

Do you really think a 4, 5, 6 year old child is going to understand why he or she cant be in a photo with all of the buddies in his or her class?

It is you who are talking about the possibility of deaths and stuff, but now you  seem to be saying that explaining a potentially upsetting fact of life* to a child is more important ?

* Which they probably know, and even if the do not they will have to find out soon enough anyway

Edited by Chekhov

11 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

How many ? In particular, how many have ended up dead because of photos published on the internet who provably would never have done so had those pics not been taken ?

But, more to the point, are we not approaching this from the wrong end anyway ? Why should a parent have to go into hiding ? Surely the law, or policing, has failed if that happens, so fix the law or the policing rather than forcing a parent to have to look behind themselves for the rest of their lives and, as a very significant side effect, stop all parents photographing their kids at school events.

It is you who are talking about the possibility of deaths and stuff, but now you  seem to be saying that explaining a potentially upsetting fact of life* to a child is more important ?

* Which they probably know, and even if the do not they will have to find out soon enough anyway

Probably eh? So you dont know either, fair enough.

Let me guess - you told your kids at the age of three that Father Christmas didnt exist?

Edited by HeHasRisen

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Probably eh? So you dont know either, fair enough.

Let me guess - you told your kids at the age of three that Father Christmas didnt exist?

When my sister was 4 i told her father Christmas fell off my roof and died. 

Now that was funny.

We don't really get on these days.

Coincidence?🤔

Edited by The_DADDY
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

When sister was 4 i told her father Christmas fell off my roof and died. 

Now that was funny.

Coincidence?🤔

Me and my Daughters know different,

Due to health and safety, Father Christmas wears a harness attached to his Sleigh.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

When my sister was 4 i told her father Christmas fell off my roof and died. 

Now that was funny.

Coincidence?🤔

38 minutes ago, Padders said:

Me and my Daughters know different,

Due to health and safety, Father Christmas wears a harness attached to his Sleigh.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

You two might be surprised just how close this is to the events soon to be revealed in one of the Christmas 'musical' videos starring 'The Baubles'!

Maybe I'll remind you of it a bit closer to the time... :D

• Thanks 1